Msd 2 step help!

04Cobra931

So. I recently bought a msd 2 step for my 04 cobra. Did alot of research and went with the msd due to the simple adjustment on the face and easy install. So I thought.. hooked the msd harness to factory coils like it said. Grounded. And tapped into my clutch switch. Easy enough. Started the car. And it instantly dies. Okay.. maybe i need to change harness around. Did that. Same thing. Or it will run but assoon as you press the clutch in. Dies. Give it gas. Itll die tried everything!! Online installs are crap. Need help asap! Is it due to the sct race tune my cars currently running. Or what?!

02gt87

Established Member
Tune does not affect it. Which wire did you use to tap into the clutch switch? solid blue or white/blue? Also verify you didnt pinch any wires when you reinstalled the coil covers back on. I had a buddy who did that and it ruined his CCRM

04Cobra931

Tune does not affect it. Which wire did you use to tap into the clutch switch? solid blue or white/blue? Also verify you didnt pinch any wires when you reinstalled the coil covers back on. I had a buddy who did that and it ruined his CCRM

Did not pinch and wires. As car runs perfect when the msd is not installed. And i tried both! Still didnt work. Not at the same time either. Neither work.

04Cobra931

Update: just put in for my replacement. Should ship out tomorrow! So lets pray that works! Im going to install it the same way the link above stated too. So well seee. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread