Msrp mania thread

NightKids

Established Member
Hey, i'm completely tired of searching.:shrug:

Can we post all msrp 2013 gt500 here! (Dealers ground).

Thank yoooou!!

Please note that i have contacted all dealers on cars.com with no luck. (all sold).

Dadz500

Established Member
Not sure if this is true information or not, but I was told that Shelby charges the dealers $1k for every Shelby they sell, over and above what they pay for the car. So a car bought at MSRP in the eyes of the dealer is really a car sold for $1k under MSRP (if this info is in fact true and correct) so with that being said, if you can verify this is correct, offer them $1k over MSRP so they get full MSRP for their car. Obviously most dealers are taking advantage of the situation right now and asking crazy prices and some people are willing to pay those prices. I don't begrudge them for trying, they need to make money when they can and with anyone who has a computer able to find out what cost is on a car, they don't make lots of money on the front end anymore, so this is one of their rare chances to do so. When I sold Fords way back when the Expedition had just come out and we sold them all for MSRP or above, same with the 96-97 SVT Cobra's. On the flip side, there are dealers out there willing to sell at MSRP, I bought mine below MSRP so I know it can be done. But if you are able to verify the above as accurate information you might be able to go into most Dealers and say I will pay MSRP plus the $1k "Shelby Fee" you are charged. I would think most reasonable dealers who actually have allocation would take that deal. Just my $.02

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The dealer pays a $1000 fee to ford to sell shelbys. Whether they get one or 20 Shelby's for 2013

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I did plenty of searching two-three months ago with little to no luck. I had one potential msrp deal but the car was a late 13 allocation... I had to decide that day or lose it and said no. I ended up getting a 13 boss 302 on a great deal and saved $20k off a GT500 and love it. There are deals out there... But you gotta dig!!

gtconv91

Ya can't fix stupid
Established Member
Phil Long Ford Denver, Co
'13 gt500 black/white stripes PP,TP, recaro's, Shaker Pro with limited production dealer adjusted price $97k
'13 Boss 302LS that had a $25k ADM fee as well
Talking to a salesman he stated they wouldnt add it to MSRP if they didnt get the $$$

I know of a dealer who hasnt filled there 2nd allocation as of July 4th that just wants MSRP in the CO, WY area.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Not sure if this is true information or not, but I was told that Shelby charges the dealers $1k for every Shelby they sell, over and above what they pay for the car. So a car bought at MSRP in the eyes of the dealer is really a car sold for $1k under MSRP (if this info is in fact true and correct) so with that being said, if you can verify this is correct, offer them $1k over MSRP so they get full MSRP for their car. Obviously most dealers are taking advantage of the situation right now and asking crazy prices and some people are willing to pay those prices. I don't begrudge them for trying, they need to make money when they can and with anyone who has a computer able to find out what cost is on a car, they don't make lots of money on the front end anymore, so this is one of their rare chances to do so. When I sold Fords way back when the Expedition had just come out and we sold them all for MSRP or above, same with the 96-97 SVT Cobra's. On the flip side, there are dealers out there willing to sell at MSRP, I bought mine below MSRP so I know it can be done. But if you are able to verify the above as accurate information you might be able to go into most Dealers and say I will pay MSRP plus the $1k "Shelby Fee" you are charged. I would think most reasonable dealers who actually have allocation would take that deal. Just my $.02

Just had a dealer call me back tonight and spoke with him for a few minutes. He said that they have to pay 2K to Ford - over and above invoice - just to get these cars on their lots! Not sure I believe this one...:rollseyes

Also, not sure if this info is fact or not, but I checked nada.com and kbb.com to see what invoice is on these cars and it looked as if it's ~6K(give or take) below MSRP.

BOD89LX

Established Member
They pay a 2K fee for 2013-14 so 1K for each year, so if they sell 2-3 a year then it adds about 350-500 per car. Keep in mind you have to add the regional advertising fee to the invoice price as well which can be as low as a few hundred bucks to over a grand mine was $868.

Just had a dealer call me back tonight and spoke with him for a few minutes. He said that they have to pay 2K to Ford - over and above invoice - just to get these cars on their lots! Not sure I believe this one...:rollseyes

Also, not sure if this info is fact or not, but I checked nada.com and kbb.com to see what invoice is on these cars and it looked as if it's ~6K(give or take) below MSRP.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Also forgot to say -

Dealer told me the reason these cars are commanding high prices is because apparently this year Ford's contract with Shelby Enterprises runs out, so this could potentially be the last year of the GT500. True or False - I don't know?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Also forgot to say -

Dealer told me the reason these cars are commanding high prices is because apparently this year Ford's contract with Shelby Enterprises runs out, so this could potentially be the last year of the GT500. True or False - I don't know?

Untrue.

Ford and Shelby are signed through 2015 (they renewed earlier this year)

Users who are viewing this thread