MT ET Street Radial available?

jcthorne

Established Member
Can you get/quote a pair of MT ET STREET radials in 305/35/18

I would pickup at a local discount tire in Houston if it matters on shipping etc.

Thanks!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Can you get/quote a pair of MT ET STREET radials in 305/35/18

I would pickup at a local discount tire in Houston if it matters on shipping etc.

Thanks!

All purchases in the lower 48 states include free shipping.:rockon: Unfortunately, the MickeyThompson ET Streets are unavailable until mid May. I'll PM you the cost if you are interested in back ordering them. Another popular tire to run in that size is the Nitto 555R Drag Radial. Have you had any experience with those?

jcthorne

Established Member
All purchases in the lower 48 states include free shipping.:rockon: Unfortunately, the MickeyThompson ET Streets are unavailable until mid May. I'll PM you the cost if you are interested in back ordering them. Another popular tire to run in that size is the Nitto 555R Drag Radial. Have you had any experience with those?

I was considering the Nitto 335/30/18 and still might be. The MT was suggested as a better traction alturnative. These will be going on a set of 18x11 widened stock gt500 wheels.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I was considering the Nitto 335/30/18 and still might be. The MT was suggested as a better traction alturnative. These will be going on a set of 18x11 widened stock gt500 wheels.

I've done some research on the fitment you are considering, and there are a couple of things that need to be addressed. First off, Nitto recommends a minimum rim width of 11.5" for the 335/30R18. Ideal fitment is a 12" wide wheel. Second is the 335/30R18 can fit on the rear if the correct offset is achieved, but with that the tire will stick out of the fender slightly. Your stock offset is pretty close and should work, but again, its not recommended and test fitment would be in order. We advise that you go with 305/35R18 like you were originally looking for as the maximum fitment. Plus, the 305/35R18 are a direct fit for an 11" wide wheel.:thumbsup:

jcthorne

Established Member
m6.gif

m5.jpg

These two shots are of a Nitto 335/30/18 on an 18x11 rim mounted on a S197 Mustang GT. This is the look and fitment I am looking for. There is a thread on another board that discusses this car a bit:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86075

I have a pair of GT500 rims (18x9.5) that I purchased from Discount with a stock 50mm offset that have been widened 1.5 inches. Best I can figure is that I am within an eighth of an inch of where the wheel in the photos is. I have mounted the bare wheels on the car and clearance looks very similar to those photos. I was planning to order the 335/30/18 Nitto 555Rs (which seem to be somewhat less wide than other brands in that size) from you guys for delivery to my local discount tire store for mounting.

Any thoughts you can offer? Have I overlooked some major dimension that will keep this from working correctly?

Also, your web site offers a current special of a $100 rebate on purchase of 4 tires or wheels. Can that be applied to 2 tires AND 2 wheels? (I still need matching wheels for the front as I already purchased the rears).

Thanks!

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
m6.gif

m5.jpg

These two shots are of a Nitto 335/30/18 on an 18x11 rim mounted on a S197 Mustang GT. This is the look and fitment I am looking for. There is a thread on another board that discusses this car a bit:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86075

I have a pair of GT500 rims (18x9.5) that I purchased from Discount with a stock 50mm offset that have been widened 1.5 inches. Best I can figure is that I am within an eighth of an inch of where the wheel in the photos is. I have mounted the bare wheels on the car and clearance looks very similar to those photos. I was planning to order the 335/30/18 Nitto 555Rs (which seem to be somewhat less wide than other brands in that size) from you guys for delivery to my local discount tire store for mounting.

Any thoughts you can offer? Have I overlooked some major dimension that will keep this from working correctly?

Also, your web site offers a current special of a $100 rebate on purchase of 4 tires or wheels. Can that be applied to 2 tires AND 2 wheels? (I still need matching wheels for the front as I already purchased the rears).

Thanks!

That mustang looks sweet! The wheel that Mustang has on it is the VR5. It has a stock 45mm offset. So with a 11" width wheel with a 50mm offset, you will loose 5mm to the inside. It will be tight, but should work.

We usually do not deliver to our stores. We can, but usually they will just match our price for you.

For the rebate, no, we can't give you $100 off for just two wheels and tires. Its always good to ask though:thumbsup:

jcthorne

Established Member
Is there a way to place the order on the web site and have it delivered to a local DT rather than to my home? I need them to mount and balance anyway and install the front tires I have on the new rims etc.

I would suppose if I order 2 tires for my truck at the same time then the rebate would apply since I would be ordering 4 tires, just for two different vehicles.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Is there a way to place the order on the web site and have it delivered to a local DT rather than to my home? I need them to mount and balance anyway and install the front tires I have on the new rims etc.

I would suppose if I order 2 tires for my truck at the same time then the rebate would apply since I would be ordering 4 tires, just for two different vehicles.

If you place an order online, you can enter in an alternate ship to address. In that field, you would want to enter the stores address. Make sure you call them first to give them the heads up on the order.

If you order a total of four tires, you will qualify for the rebate:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread