MT ET street

5OhSlo

Established Member
Question how long will the et streets last on asphalt? I need to hook on the streets and I have a mt 82 and have heard the drag radials don't work too well for manuals unless your slipping the clutch vs a slick where you just haze and dump the clutch and hook..... but I want to hook but i also need more than 100 miles on the tires lol looking to run a 15x8 or 15x10 rim

Angry50

Established Member
have you tried something like an NT05R or NT555R? ET streets I hear get 6-7k miles. the nittos should last a little longer but I don't think stick as well

CSG

Established Member
I put 1k street miles on a set and they looked practically new. I would guess 4-5k with no burnouts. 555R will last longer and hook decent.

5OhSlo

Established Member
I have a buddy I cruise with that runs the 555r's and he still spins on the street with them he has a friend that runs the nt05r's he said that he hooks pretty well but he is also running an automatic vs a manual I want to hook but I don't wanna burn up the clutch to do it with the DR but i want the mileage out of the DR with the launch like a slick lol

Angry50

Established Member
I have a buddy I cruise with that runs the 555r's and he still spins on the street with them he has a friend that runs the nt05r's he said that he hooks pretty well but he is also running an automatic vs a manual I want to hook but I don't wanna burn up the clutch to do it with the DR but i want the mileage out of the DR with the launch like a slick lol

lol I don't think they have that tire yet. whats your hp and tq at?

wile2k

Established Member
Where are you planning on running these? Are you looking for max effort 60' at the track or are you looking to launch aggressively on the street? From your other posts it looks like you are planning a nitrous setup and you can control a lot of the initial hit with when and how quickly you bring the nitrous in.

Tires are always going to be a tradeoff. You have to decide where you want to land. You can go for a full race setup and give up a lot of street driveability / tire life, or you can go way in the other way and give up a lot of straight line traction but gain a lot of life.

If you aren't looking for max effort 60' at the track, then ET Streets and M&H RaceMaster get a lot of the nods. If you want to go more toward the max effort side of things then the Mickey Radial Pros get a lot of praise, or heck, a full slick if you are so inclined for strip use only. For a manual and wanting shock absorption, I wouldn't suggest the NT555R / NT05R nor the Mickey ET Street II (what I have) as they are a stiffer sidewall construction but they do tend to last longer (maybe better in general for automatics). All tradeoffs.

I do know that you can 60' great on ET Streets (I have some friends that compete on those in their 10 second cars cutting very respectable 60's) and they have decent life (5-10k if you go easy on them). They might be your best compromise if you don't mind replacing them every year or two depending on how much you drive. Otherwise, adjust accordingly, compromise is everywhere on tires.

5OhSlo

Established Member
Sweet Yea I plan on the aggressive street driving lol closest track is hours away so I make up for it in my town haha Yea that's why I want to go with the 15s is so I can get that sidewall flex I just wasn't sure how long those streets would last on the road but 1-5k will be good enough for me as I only go racing on weekends and I will run my sumis all the rest of the week .....I will give the streets a shot and see how they perform

Users who are viewing this thread