mt et's or nitto's

SVT Knight

Established Member
Im shopping for new tires and i currently had nitto 555's and i wouldnt buy them again. they spin more then a jewish dradel. But i like the mt et streets. but how many miles can i expect. i dont drive the L every day. So i was thinking mt et streets 305 45 in the back and a 295 45 18 up front? any suggestions would be helpfull.

bscarberry

Established Member
The MT ET streets that i bought in the middle of april are already gone... They flaked off like wet paper towel over sand paper. I bought a set of used NT 555R's for $100 on craigslist and they hook much better than the ET streets that I had

bscarberry

Established Member
The MT ET street radials that I got never hooked for me at all. It almost seemed like they were too soft. Whenever I looked at my tires there were chunks of rubber peeling off. The Nitto's that I have are a Drag Radial also, they're the 555R's

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
thats the first i ever heard of anyone hooking better on the nitto DR compared to the MT DR...prolly needed to mess with the air pressure to get them to stop rolling up like that

SVT Knight

Established Member
so what about putting a nitto 295 up front and a 305 in the rear? or am I just stupid and wont be able to rotate

bscarberry

Established Member
thats the first i ever heard of anyone hooking better on the nitto DR compared to the MT DR...prolly needed to mess with the air pressure to get them to stop rolling up like that

I had them everywhere from 32 down to 25 lbs. Nothing changed with them. They literally lasted me about 1000 miles. Never even took it to the track so no burnouts on them at all.

SVT Knight

Established Member
for your power the 555rs are plenty and wont wear near as fast as the mt drs

I want something that will HOOK. i hate these 555's. Dont know why i got them. i cant get any better the a 2.1 60ft?? with long bars? But i was still trapping @109mph:-D should i get 295 all around or 305 out back?

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I had them everywhere from 32 down to 25 lbs. Nothing changed with them. They literally lasted me about 1000 miles. Never even took it to the track so no burnouts on them at all.

That's too much air. If you wanted your DR's to hook they should have been down to 18ish psi. Maybe slightly over 20 for normal driving.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I want something that will HOOK. i hate these 555's. Dont know why i got them. i cant get any better the a 2.1 60ft?? with long bars? But i was still trapping @109mph:-D should i get 295 all around or 305 out back?

555s or 555Rs?? if you are just rolling around on 555s then you got what you paid for. if you have the 555Rs then you will spin from the whole shot but once you are in 2nd you will hook up even with 32psi in the tires. i run mine at 22psi and knock down 1.80 60' times... id rather spin that throw a rod.

if you roll around with 555Rs at like 32psi like i do they will last a while as long as you dont have a lead foot and dont try to corner everything like a F1 car. my buddy has over 50 passes on his 555Rs and about 4k and they still look ok.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
i nhad 555rs pn my truck when it was stock block and have them on my 04 cobra. Leave them at 18-20 psi and they will hook and still have good driving habbits. Now i can cut 1.7 60 fts with a 500rwhp cobra and could do the same with my Lightning with a pulley port and nitrous. I have now switched to the mt on L because i have a built motor and its a night and day dif but if i didnt need the softer tire to hook i wouldnt have it because of wear. All in all the mt will hook and nitto will also but only to a certain power level.

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member

They lasted me 1000 miles too with no track action and some burnout but nothing I haven done with nitto and they last longer! The hooking about the same and I keep the rears at 17 lbs of air all the time! Also they just flaked off here how they looked
007.gif
008-1.jpg

NSSVT

Established Member
my MT lasted about 7k miles. i had tread left but the belts went in both tires. i was very disappointed. it will be nitto's for me next. mine didnt flake though.

Users who are viewing this thread