MT82 swap

allmotor0901

Established Member
I have project to swap mt82 transmission in a sn

i know the bell housing bolt on 4.6 modular. The only problem may come from the crank, with a 8 bolts crank, perfect, the coyote flywheel has 8 holes but
for a 6 bolts crank, his cause problem because the pressure plate of a coyote has 9 holes instead of 6 holes for the 4.6, therefore not possibility to use the flywheel of the 4.6.

or use a disk of coyote and a pressure plate of 4.6 .

For the driveshaft i use a yoke from 8.8 2011 but for length i dont know if work

Have you any suggestion :rollseyes

Last edited:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Thats a larger transmission (size) than a T56, about as big (height) as an AOD/4R70W.
Not sure how well you will get it to fit in the transmission tunnel.

I would personally find a T56 (03-04 Cobra?) or something to swap in instead.

allmotor0901

Established Member
I agree with you a t56 would be more appropriate.

But I want to do this swap because i retrieves the parts of my gt 2011 (trans,flywheel,clutch rxt, ds driveshaft)

not much has disbursed, with few internal modification its a very good transmission

for the dimension i will do some research

thanks

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
https://qc.images.search.yahoo.com/...p-t-716&fr2=sb-top-qc.images.search.yahoo.com

in this pics is figured without bellhousing for tremec magnum,with bellhousing i think the mt82 its just lill wider

You will have to see how well it fits in the tunnel. Also going back to your first post regarding the flywheel and clutch issues.
How many bolt is the crank in your car 6 or 8? You might have to get your stock flywheel (or replacement flywheel for your motor) drilled and tapped for the Coyote pressure plate bolt pattern, assuming it can take the larger size clutch and have the proper tooth count so that the starter can engage.

Also look at the width of the MT82 bellhousing, make sure it wont interfere with the exhaust/headers. Maybe do a quick mock up (attach the MT82 to your engine in the car) before you start buying or modifying parts.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I called D&D about this a few weeks back b/c I was going to purchase a T56 from a 2011 owner. He said the transmission will not work as the shifter is located much further back on the transmission and there would be clearance issues.

Users who are viewing this thread