Muffled tial BOV-dragging rpms

Blu3SVT

Established Member
Alright, the other day I noticed that my big red tial bov, sounded extremely muffled compared to normal, with normal driving and shifting. I did a pull, and once I hit probably 75% or so throttle, the rpms started to drag and when I left off of accelerating, I could really tell the bov was about half as loud as it usually is, and just seemed to sound really muffled and not "flowing" air like normal.

My first thought was a vacuum leak, somewhere between a pipe and rubber garmet. Checked everything out and everything is tight and snug. The vacuum line leading from the bov is also fine.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this? I was unsure if the bov could be failing or stuck in a certain position. The car drives 100% normal when not trying to do a pull, other than the muffled bov sound. 2013 5.0 with Paxton 2200sl and big red race bov.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

cb900f

Established Member
Alright, the other day I noticed that my big red tial bov, sounded extremely muffled compared to normal, with normal driving and shifting. I did a pull, and once I hit probably 75% or so throttle, the rpms started to drag and when I left off of accelerating, I could really tell the bov was about half as loud as it usually is, and just seemed to sound really muffled and not "flowing" air like normal.

My first thought was a vacuum leak, somewhere between a pipe and rubber garmet. Checked everything out and everything is tight and snug. The vacuum line leading from the bov is also fine.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this? I was unsure if the bov could be failing or stuck in a certain position. The car drives 100% normal when not trying to do a pull, other than the muffled bov sound. 2013 5.0 with Paxton 2200sl and big red race bov.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like it's not opening. If I remember the Paxton's right, it should be open at idle. Start the car and maybe tap on it? Maybe it's stuck?

Users who are viewing this thread