Mufflers for turbo car.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I'm going crazy here trying to figure out what axle back is best for my car since Iv gone turbo. Currently have flowmaster classics but I know they are not turbo friendly. Pypes look like shit and I'm not too thrilled about paying 400+ for a section of pipe and tips. Any suggestions?

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Trying to kill my bank guys lol. Btw I hate rasp. Roush sounds like shit so if that gives any ideas of what I like... Might be asking for too much here.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Anything straight through.

I just installed Magnaflow street cat back to replace my gt500s.

Love it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
If you like quiet like me, then you'll love them. They are quieter then the gt500s and flow better. I'll try and get some vid.

KPatrone

Established Member
I have MagnaFlow comp cat back with my twin setup. Sounds the same as before with exception of the bov. No rasp,deep and throaty just how I like haha. I said deep throat

q6543

Established Member
I run the dynomax race bullet catback , it comes with 3" oaps for under 400.

sounds loud but o.k. when driving, when I go wot it's like someone ran a buzzsaw through your eardrum.

zr1s hate it when I pull on them.......and then they go home.....3/3.

syclone50

Established Member
I had 2012 GT500 mufflers on when I installed my On3 kit. I liked the way it sounded but my OTA pipes were rubbing and it was driving me crazy. When I had the car tuned I unbolted the mufflers and picked up nearly 60 HP at 9psi.

I decided to go with the MBRP race setup. It is a beautiful kit for the price. It also came with there new OTA pipes which don't rub, which was a bonus. They are quiet at idle but open up nicely at WOT. Don't know what you already have for OTA pipes but beefcake sells this for right at $500 shipped. That's a hell of a deal for a cat back system. Plus this thing looks very good, too bad its under the car.
http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?page=products&part=S7264409

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I had 2012 GT500 mufflers on when I installed my On3 kit. I liked the way it sounded but my OTA pipes were rubbing and it was driving me crazy. When I had the car tuned I unbolted the mufflers and picked up nearly 60 HP at 9psi.

I decided to go with the MBRP race setup. It is a beautiful kit for the price. It also came with there new OTA pipes which don't rub, which was a bonus. They are quiet at idle but open up nicely at WOT. Don't know what you already have for OTA pipes but beefcake sells this for right at $500 shipped. That's a hell of a deal for a cat back system. Plus this thing looks very good, too bad its under the car.
http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?page=products&part=S7264409

Hell of a deal! Thanks, if I don't like the way the deleted mufflers sound I will go with those.

Doug1227

Established Member
I have a lethal offroad x pipe, stock resonators and OTA's and Magnaflow Race axleback (which is essentiallly a muffler delete.) It sounds just a little louder than it was when I had GT500's and longtubes/offroad H.

Users who are viewing this thread