Murdered out rear end! (just in case you were wondering)

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
(what it would look like)

Brought the car to a bodyshop to get her blacked out, pretty much matte blacked every light but the headlights. Told my buddy at the shop to try to match the stripes as much as possible. Came out pretty nicely, and the light visibility is amazing at night, pretty much shows through like stock since the LEDs are nice and bright! Forgive the shoddy focal blur, I used this for Instagram after I was done.

PhotoGrid_1368500014133_zpsf8cfeecd.jpg

Last edited:

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
How did they black them out? Looks good i have been wanting to black mine also just didn't know the process to do such a job like this. I seen you can use tint but was looking for another route if there was one? Anyways looks great!:rockon:

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
How did they black them out? Looks good i have been wanting to black mine also just didn't know the process to do such a job like this. I seen you can use tint but was looking for another route if there was one? Anyways looks great!:rockon:

my shop wetsanded, used OEM black, and matte cleared all the pieces. I wanted them to match the stripes as closely as possible.

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
Looks good! That black shiny center square piece always get too dusty and fingerprints

EXACTOMUNDO! besides wanting to match the stripes that pesky piece was just such a dirty magnet. i think it came out looking proper.

BCPD199

Established Member
Looks pretty sharp. On a side note, I have to ask, now much over MSRP did Wayne Ford charge you. I used to live in North Jersey and they never gave any Cobras or GT500s away.

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
Looks pretty sharp. On a side note, I have to ask, now much over MSRP did Wayne Ford charge you. I used to live in North Jersey and they never gave any Cobras or GT500s away.

0! and i never bought anything else from them....it was the only dealership in north jersey that wasnt charging 5-15k over sticker!

BCPD199

Established Member
Good for you. I remember when the Bullitts first came out and they wanted 5k over. When the '03 Terminators came out, they wanted 10k over (Mach 1's were 5k over) and the '07's and '08's were 10-15k over.

Users who are viewing this thread