Must a chip's code match your computer's code?

OverToad

Established Member
This discussion just popped up in another thread. I don't want to hijack that one, so here it is.......

We know we've got three different computer codes now. I've got a chip who's code is QUD2. My car's code is YDH0.

Now, due to various reasons, I've not installed it.

Good thing I didn't........:shrug: ?

In this other thread, I've read that it's a bad idea to plug in a chip who's code is different from the car's.

Is this a fact, or just fiction?

Eventually, I'm going to do a full install of everything I've got, which is the new Pro-M/DC Univer CAI, Diablo chip, Redfire TB, 2.80 pulley, and three Redfire anodized idler pulley's (Won't that look cool? ;-) )

Even though I'm not installing it yet, the chip is going back to be reburned.

Since my chip doesn't match up with my CPU code, I would think requesting the correctly coded chip is reasonable.

Agreed?

Knowledgable comments regarding matching a chip's code with the stock cpu's code?

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I was told that it has to be the same code too.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
The qud2 code works in the ydh1 cars. I've only experienced 2 cars that would not start. The ydh0 code works in the ydh1 cars. Diablosport 4 bank technology makes this work. If your car started with the qud2 chip in it it's fine. My car is a ydh0 and I run a qud2 in it.

Rick

lguerra1

Established Member
Rick is completely correct. My computer code is YDH0 and the chip I am using is QUD2. The chip is a Diablo from Rick. The car runs strong and have not experienced any stalling issues.

Bosko

Established Member
ok...Rick.. Im a little slow.. Does this mean the 4-bank chips will work with any computer code? or does it mean a 4 bank chip will interchange with QUD2 and YDH0?

Last edited:

BOOOOST

Established Member
Originally posted by Bosko
ok...Rick.. Im a little slow.. Does this mean the 4-bank chips will work with any computer code? or does it mean a 4 bank chip will interchange with QUD2 and YDH0?

There are generally 4 banks to a pcm. The DiabloSport Delta chip allows you to program in 1 or 4 bank mode. If you program in 4 bank mode, you're able to use the chip in certain other calibrations from the same style of vehicle of the same year, normally.

Generally it's always best to try and tune specifically for your vehicle's current calibration, as minor differences could possibly cause driveability issues.

Last edited:

OverToad

Established Member
This is an old post, but I had a few emails regarding this question, so I shot DiabloSport an email, and here's the result..........

I asked them if my YDH0 code is compatible with the QUD2 chip............

"those codes have no conflict. You can install it and it shouldn't give you
any problems. Make sure you follow the instructions. The most important
thing about installing or removing a chip is NEVER LEAVE THE KEYS IN THE
IGNITION. if you remember that you should be good to go. Let me know how it
turns out.

Sincerely,
[email protected]
"

Just posted this in case this question comes up for someone doing a search in the future........

Users who are viewing this thread