Must-do mods to a 2014 F350 6.7L Powerstroke?

13BremboGT

Established Member
I had an '11. Did H&S Mini Maxx, 5" MBRP exhaust, and all the deletes including the EGR. The EGR was the big one for me...so much nasty getting run back through the motor. Oil looked SOOOO much cleaner at oil change times after I got rid of that. Truck ran like an absolute monster and I could get UP TO 24 MPGs on the highway (60ish miles per hour).

And OMG....dat turbo sound!!!! 6.7 deleted with straight through exhaust sounds very unique. Like a cross between an old school big block V8 and a 747.

Man I miss that truck.... :nonono:

jsonic

Established Member
Cai, egr and dpf delete to a 5" straight pipe and a tune and that thing will rip. Those motors are complete beasts.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
NON dpf tuners usually max out in the 50-75hp area. For comparison people were running 300 Spartan tunes on 6.4s.

I have a modded diesel and i would keep a new one stock. The mileage is much better than the previous DPF only trucks like my 2009 Duramax. I waited till out of warranty for mine and did EFI Live, MBRP 5" Turboback, 4" Downpipe, Trans Go jr and about to do a EGR delete like some here. In reality i spent a lot to go 13s lol.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Also...to again say it..you will pay a lot for a DPF delete tuner. I recently sold a friends on ebay for him. He had an 08 6.4 with an SCT Livewire he paid around $649 for years ago when they were common. About 5 guys got in a bidding war and it sold for just over $1150 with a new DPF delete pipe and tip my buddy threw in in mid 2013.

03_snakebite

Established Member
Yea since the EPA came down hard on the tuning companies the prices have sky rocketed. Thankfully I have a full exhaust n tuner from my 6.4 that ill b selling so I hope that lets me break even for new goodies for the 6.7

SecretSanta

Hello.

Long time lurker, here. I am curious as to who here would pay a 100-200 a month or so, in order to receive up to lets say 15k in repair coverage and replacement on an engine modified out of manufacturer warranty. of course all parameters could be modified based on age and build of engine, and extent of modifications.

That seems to be the real question here. the people want mods.

Is there a market for such a company?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Long time lurker, here. I am curious as to who here would pay a 100-200 a month or so, in order to receive up to lets say 15k in repair coverage and replacement on an engine modified out of manufacturer warranty. of course all parameters could be modified based on age and build of engine, and extent of modifications.

That seems to be the real question here. the people want mods.

Is there a market for such a company?

A company like that, in my opinion, would be paying out a lot more than the premiums would pay in. A built motor is going to be beat on all the time if i had a warranty I wouldnt hesitate to add a little more boost...a little more timing...a size up on the nitrous jet as i know i have a safe guard in my warranty. Motor blows? oops.....you owe me a $7500 motor.

SecretSanta

A company like that, in my opinion, would be paying out a lot more than the premiums would pay in. A built motor is going to be beat on all the time if i had a warranty I wouldnt hesitate to add a little more boost...a little more timing...a size up on the nitrous jet as i know i have a safe guard in my warranty. Motor blows? oops.....you owe me a $7500 motor.

well. all motors will break down eventually. but life insurance is a thriving industry, and everyone dies. The premium could be based on age, miles, and hp above stock output, throw in a little deductible, and it might work. just like how life insurance and health insurance companies sometimes require doctor visits for policy holders. An agent could inspect upgrades and vehicle history before a plan is put into effect. Example, a chipped 6.7 with exhaust and air intake, would have a significantly lower premium than a vehicle with a 300 shot of nitrous. Any mods not factored into the premium/policy would simply void the policy. It would be in addition to collision insurance of course.

Niche market? sure. just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread