Mustang 60th Anniversary

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
In general, the 25 year demarcations get more fanfare in most aspects of life. Ford did very little with the 50th anniversary edition with just minor cosmetic changes from the stock form. Not really expecting much out of this one. Won’t be disappointed if I am wrong though.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
If I am right, it should be quick, especially if it is a V8 hybrid instead of an Ecoboost 2.3 hybrid. Would make a great Mach 1 or Cobra Jet.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
The new Shelby Super Snake has 830 HP and magnesium wheels.
image000000.jpeg

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
If I am right, it should be quick, especially if it is a V8 hybrid instead of an Ecoboost 2.3 hybrid. Would make a great Mach 1 or Cobra Jet.
Does anyone remember the patent Ford filed a few years ago? Was clearly an S550 (same as S650) Mustang chassis with a Coyote, had electric motors on each side of the engine as drive for the front wheels; everything else looked like standard Mustang. Maybe this orange car is that in production?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does anyone remember the patent Ford filed a few years ago? Was clearly an S550 (same as S650) Mustang chassis with a Coyote, had electric motors on each side of the engine as drive for the front wheels; everything else looked like standard Mustang. Maybe this orange car is that in production?
Correct

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I was thinking the same thing.

Fat Boss

Established Member

I thought I remember a thread when the 2015 GT350 came out that the hubs were splined as if AWD was in the future. Anyone with a late model GT350 see this?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought I remember a thread when the 2015 GT350 came out that the hubs were splined as if AWD was in the future. Anyone with a late model GT350 see this?

Yes, the GT350 front hubs are splined. Perhaps a component from the corporate parts bin?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
So I guess the S650 Shelby will be a Super Snake and there isn't going to be a GT500 in 2025?

It looks like it has been answered that there won't be a GT500 for the S650, but Shelby America models before this had no impact on whether there was a Ford produced GT500. Two separate businesses with the only relation being the Mustang base they're built off of. So Ford could build a GT500 if they wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread