Mustang Delete on Pass Airbag Cover?

VSack

Established Member
The last thing in my car that identifies my car as a Mustang by name or logo is on the passenger side airbag cover. I'd like to figure out the best way to alter this, while maintaining a "stock" look to the cover.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I want to debadge the car from its Mustang roots as much as possible. The window and grille ponies are gone, and this seems to be the last one. Its also the most "obvious" when people get in for a ride. Its just staring them in the face.

The Airbag deletes look to steer away from the dash texture which ruins conformity. If possible, I want this to look like it was never there, but that it came from the factory the way it is.

Thanks in advance!

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
What's with the fixation of ridding your car of all of its Mustang branding/logos?

VSack

Established Member
I appreciate the concern, but like many of the modifications people do to their car, its merely a personal preference. Its not entirely unsimilar to many people who refer to their Mustangs as Terminators as opposed to Cobras.

I'd like this thread to be about the options regarding the airbag branding, not about my personal choice in modifications. :)

Thanks!

VSack

Established Member
I guess you don't have an original windshield...

Unfortunately not. It was cracked on arrival and I had it replaced with the exact same windshield minus the logo. It still has the placeholder for it, which is kind of interesting.

Jakerz,
Thanks for the link. If worse comes to worse I may have to fashion something like this, but I was hoping for something a little more inline with the
textures on the existing dash.

It seems like the only way to really do this would be to resurface the airbag cover or design up some sort of chincy badge. Either way I think this may be a lost cause. I just wasn't sure if there were any other alternatives.

Thanks

Taz

Established Member
Late Model Restoration has this air bag delete available ...

Air Bag Delete Panel

Can't tell from the photo whether or not it bears a Mustang logo, but you might call and ask.

VSack

Established Member
i bought my cobra without the mustang logo. does that mean it had been replaced?

Depends on if you mean the airbag or the windshield.

Actually, no it doesn't :) The Windshield would have the pony and the airbag has the script "Mustang" on it.

VSack

Established Member
Late Model Restoration has this air bag delete available ...

Air Bag Delete Panel

Can't tell from the photo whether or not it bears a Mustang logo, but you might call and ask.

Taz's recommendation is full of win.

I got help from two guys over at LRS: One with specifics and the other with a product shot. It looks almost identical to the stock model, without the lettering.

LRS-04313E Airbag Delete Question - MyLRS

original.aspx

Thanks for the tip!

monkeybone2

Banned
I have a set of driver and passenger deletes and the driver side has a pony on it and the passenger doesnt have any logo at all! PM me if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread