Mustang Dyno

99whitecobra99

Established Member
I tried to search for a definite answer to this but I could not find it. So what numbers should I expect to have with a Completely Stock 1999 Cobra on a Mustang Dyno. Humidity is 95% today god it is dry!!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by BillyDofTN
So, what was all the hype about the 99 Cobra having 326 hp as shown on the original sticker?

Have I been lied to ... again?

That was just factory specs ratings at the crank. The SAE corrected numbers will dif. from losing some HP & TQ on the motor, tranny to the diff to the wheels.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by BillyDofTN
So, what was all the hype about the 99 Cobra having 326 hp as shown on the original sticker?

Have I been lied to ... again?

They were rated at 320 at the motor. About 265 - 275 at the wheels post fix.

Taz

Established Member
Originally posted by 99whitecobra99
Well went on the Mustang Dyno Today And got 279HP and 283TQ.

Those are outrageous numbers for a stock '99 on a Mustang dyno. Best I've ever seen by a wide margin.

I'm not going to insult your intelligence by asking if you're sure it wasn't a Dynojet, but those numbers would be much more in line with Dynojet results, although still quite a bit stronger than average.

T-

Taz

Established Member
Well, congrats! You've probably got the strongest stock '99 Cobra in captivity.

T-

VENOMOUSONE

Established Member
I had my stock 01 on a Mustang Dyno a couple of months ago and it dyno'ed at 240HP and 236 Torque. This is too low. I had a dip in my graph while in the upper power band in 3rd gear. The guy running the dyno told me there is about a 10% difference in dynojets and the mustangdyno so if stock 99/01's are dyno'ing at 278 then on the mustang dyno they should be about 250HP.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
I dynoed at just over 250 hp on a Mustang Dyno and 273 was my best on the other. That is bone stock with about 25-20k on the ticker. After talking with a lot of tuners most agree that the best to tune on is the Mustang Dyno. It simulates the load that is on the engine when under driving conditions. I feel the flames coming for that statement. This is not my view but the view of the tuners I have talked to. It does make sence to me though. Even the brand X tuners like the Loaded Mustang Dyno.

Cheers..:beer:

djtech

Established Member
My Dyno results

My car got 251HP 265TRQ on a Mustang Dyno with a BBK 62mm t/b and K&N filter as the only mods. Damn was I upset until I read about the differences between the Mustang Dyno and the DynoJet.

I knew my car couldn't be that far off because I ran mid 13's in stock form!

Users who are viewing this thread