Mustang dynos numbers.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I had a turd at work rev on me this week in a new vette as I was driving thru the parking lot. He revved just as I passed behind him and he blew the ear wax out of my melon. My left ear could not have been more than 4 feet from his tail pipes. It pissed me off. It was loud as hell. It sounded like it had a cam as I passed before he cleaned out my ears. It possibly headers. I threw a rev on him as I passed. He had his windows down and my car bites. I think he new then this was not just a GT. I pulled over a little and motioned for him to pull beside me but he blew by. I hollered at him and he stopped. I told him it sounded good and asked him how much power he was making. He talked to me like I didn't know anything about cars. I'm sitting there in a GT500 with an unpainted Black Mamba hood and an exhaust that sounds like a Cup car and he talked to me like a ricer. He came off as Kent Dorfman in Animal House when he asked the frat boys if they were playing cards. He asked me if I knew anything about dynos and I said , "well a little bit". Then he says "I'm making 495 hp on a MUSTANG DYNO" as if he was afraid I may think those were low for a chassis dyno if I was supid enough to not know the difference between a MD and a Dynojet. The he adds, "except for the bottom end, nothing is stock". I told him I had a 3.6 KB. He looks over and asks "you can get that under the hood". He jest as well called me a liar and it's even funnier since anyone can see my car is modded to hell. I could see him shaking in his lace drawers.

When I get this thing ready I am going to invited the vette turd to the local drag strip. I would think sech a cawky ass like him he should have a set of slicks. I'm sure he gets off beating GT's. I want ot get into some coller weather. I am going to put a MM roll bar in it in the next 3-4 weeks. I still have to do line-locks, a few other minor things and buy a set of drag wheels and slicks. Even though the tune for my 2.8 KB was for 20 psi, I think I will get it dyno tuned. I think I should be 750-770 with a dyno tune. I found several things on Mustang dyno conversions. One I found said MD numbers are about 12% lower than Dynojet numbers.

Here is what I get:

(495 x (1/.88))/.85 = 661 hp at the crank.

I think this was jest a base corvette. But you know how vettes are, I caint tell a V6 vette from a ZR1, hehehe.

I think even with the weight difference, I'm still going to gouge this guy a new asshole. But, I bet he'll chicken out.

Are my numbers pretty close from 495 on a MD to 660 at the crank?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread