Mustang mechanic and Dyno tuning in north Idaho/Spokane?

freebird50

Established Member
Hi guys I recently moved to northern Idaho from CA and was wondering if anyone knows a good tuner/mechanic to work on my built 98 cobra. Thanks.

Axel

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I can wrench on stuff pretty good but the hardest part in my experience is diagnostics. Figuring out the problem can sometimes be ready hard for me to do. I need more experience.
Diagnostics are the hardest part of being a mechanic. Not everyone is good at it. It takes experience and the only way to get experience to do it yourself sadly. These days lots of YouTube stuff out there, some good, some not so good. I was a heavy duty tech for 35 years and I still hit up Youtube and the internet for diagnostics. If you have the basics of how things work, the tools to do the job and a little help from the internet you can do pretty much anything. Sounds like you have all the above, go for it. The only thing I would farm out is the tuning. I have an MS3PROPNP and I am going to farm out the initial tuning to someone that knows when the time comes until I get an understanding of how it works, just too much at stake, as Clint Eastwood said, “ A man’s got to know his limitations”

freebird50

Established Member
Diagnostics are the hardest part of being a mechanic. Not everyone is good at it. It takes experience and the only way to get experience to do it yourself sadly. These days lots of YouTube stuff out there, some good, some not so good. I was a heavy duty tech for 35 years and I still hit up Youtube and the internet for diagnostics. If you have the basics of how things work, the tools to do the job and a little help from the internet you can do pretty much anything. Sounds like you have all the above, go for it. The only thing I would farm out is the tuning. I have an MS3PROPNP and I am going to farm out the initial tuning to someone that knows when the time comes until I get an understanding of how it works, just too much at stake, as Clint Eastwood said, “ A man’s got to know his limitations”
That's all very true. Thanks. Magnum force is a great movie too. Clint Eastwood is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread