Mustang Owners in the Killeen Texas Area?

Ryan12

Established Member
Hey guys I know there's alot of mustang meet ups in Dallas, Texas. Is there anyone else around the Killeen, Texas region who knows of any mustang meet ups? Or be interested in starting one?

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
In Killeen you will mostly get ghetto stuff. Soldiers with shitty cars that think they are hot shit. Better off going to Austin or Houston. Haven't been there in about a year though. Get with stangrocka he's in Killeen and a pretty cool dude.

Coyote13

Established Member
I left Ft Hood last year but Im sure they still have the Friday night meets. It moves around cause of the Honda kids getting everybody kicked out but FWIW when I was there the big meet was at kholes and the older, more mature crowd met at Home Depot.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Mustangs meet at Rudy's BBQ on Friday nights, GM crowd meets at the Older Cinema by Home Depot, and Tuners meet at Kmart. You will find a mixture in the crowds. For instance, some guys that used to drive tuners that now own a Mustang still hang out with the tuners, etc. Not sure who five.slow knew while he was here but there are a crap load of fast and nice cars here. Maybe since majority of the post was deployed a year ago they all came back and spent money but there is a few 5.0s over 600rwhp, a Super Snake GT500, ZR1 Corvette,c5zs 440ci w/ 150 shot, TT 427 LS7, Procharged LS7 built motor, three ZL1s, a 1LE, SS running low 10s, several Cobras between 500-650 rwhp, A Nissan SE-R making 7?? whp, bunch of fast tuners (EVOs 400-600AWHP), etc. I can't even list them all, so definitely a bunch of fast/nice cars.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
No worries! you can go to Facebook and look up Stang Syndicate. That's the page of the local club. Ask to join and you can follow all of the events under the events tab and just follow the posts to learn about people, cars in area!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Join austinareastangs.com for some of the austin stuff. there is a cars and coffee that a lot of them go to out just north of cedar park, some of them go down to seguin drags occasionally and some other stuff. I live in Round Rock when I am in Texas and have been saying I am gonna go hit kileen up some day but haven't yet.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Don't get me wrong there will be some bad ass cars but majority were idiots. I knew quite a few guys with very nice cars but most were married and didn't get out much due to kids and stuff.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Join austinareastangs.com for some of the austin stuff. there is a cars and coffee that a lot of them go to out just north of cedar park, some of them go down to seguin drags occasionally and some other stuff. I live in Round Rock when I am in Texas and have been saying I am gonna go hit kileen up some day but haven't yet.
I will check that out also> Thanks!

Don't get me wrong there will be some bad ass cars but majority were idiots. I knew quite a few guys with very nice cars but most were married and didn't get out much due to kids and stuff.

Oh yes, there are some idiots for sure. They are the ones that typically get us kicked out of the parking lots of the establishments that were kind enough to allow us to meet there. There was a money race last night between a Super Snake and a 5.0 W/ Paxton kit and the 5.0 won. Should find out more details on it today, but I saw the video was up on the site.

Coyote13

Established Member
WHSTLR, if youre the one that had the candy red in killeen back in early 2012 than youre the reason I got that color. No worries though. I PCS'd. I was the only V8 candy red in hawaii until about a month ago.

Bloo

Established Member
Installing a paxton on my 5.0 next weekend in San Marcos, if anyone wants to help PM me. I'll provide beer/food

Stevedotmil

Aim Small/Miss Small
Established Member
Nice to see that guys are still cruising around Killeen. I was there from 2000-2003 and was one of the founders of the Aircooler VW Gang Killeen chapter. If you see any of those guys out ask them about me. I had a crusty 1960 VW Bug.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
WHSTLR, if youre the one that had the candy red in killeen back in early 2012 than youre the reason I got that color. No worries though. I PCS'd. I was the only V8 candy red in hawaii until about a month ago.

Yep, I've been here a little over two years now so its possible. I've seen 2-3 others as of late. My Cobra prior to this was close to the same color.

Ryan12

Established Member
I will check that out also> Thanks!

Oh yes, there are some idiots for sure. They are the ones that typically get us kicked out of the parking lots of the establishments that were kind enough to allow us to meet there. There was a money race last night between a Super Snake and a 5.0 W/ Paxton kit and the 5.0 won. Should find out more details on it today, but I saw the video was up on the site.

Hey buddy I clicked join to that Facebook link and haven't heard anything back any luck you could help me get in?

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
StangSyndicate has come a long way in the last couple of years, they should be running around here still. I haven't really hung around the car hangout scene in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread