Mustang package guide leaked

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I wonder if Ford is trying to pleasantly surprise everyone when the horsepower finally comes out. They've gone through great lengths to keep it concealed, unless they just haven't gone through official testing yet.

NinjaBum

Established Member
Think they want to make GM trip over their dicks to revise the Camaro after their planned numbers fall short.

Husker

Established Member
I have the PG, on the last page it shows the wrong wheels for the LE.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I wonder if Ford is trying to pleasantly surprise everyone when the horsepower finally comes out. They've gone through great lengths to keep it concealed, unless they just haven't gone through official testing yet.

Ford has fumbled the ball by not having horsepower numbers released. One of the dumbest things I've seen in a while.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

it is strange they are holding out....watch it be the 50th with a 5.0 and 500....

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
With all due respect, hogwash. Put the car and numbers up Ford.

They have already said that it will have Boss influence, so just assume it will be somewhere between 425-450hp. Either way, it is not going to make that big of a difference and we know that car will be faster than the current GT. The HP figure is not going to be earth shattering, so we all might as well move on.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Ford's marketing is smarter than all of us because that's what they get paid big money for. Everyone saying that's bs or claiming the numbers won't be substantial will find out soon enough. I'm willing to bet Ford is going hard on this car and maybe put a little more into the 5.0 than any of us are aware of. Maybe they did some stuff to bump power but aren't ready to release numbers because it hasn't been SAE certified? That's most likely the case. They probably have their own in house numbers that are high but are worried about the possible contrast to the SAE numbers when they are officially released? Lost of things are possible.

Voltwings

Established Member
There was an interview where they said they are not raising the GT's redline from 6700. Better heads / cams aside, those are better for curve gains at most, i would not expect the peak power to increase by 30-40 (up from 420) without increasing redline. You gain MUCH more power from rpms than airflow > HP = (TQ x RPM) / 5252

clareynet

Established Member
Omg... these prices are unbelievable. In line with everything Mustang should be. Now, if we could just buy the V6 and Auto Trans (a la mode) for those prices and have an aftermarket way to install in a classic Mustang... that would be heavenly!

Users who are viewing this thread