Mustang Progression throughout the years

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Not sure if the is simply a mustang general talk page.

Now to the point of this thread:

I have been a die hard Mustang fan ever since I was about 12-13 (now 25). My neighbors had two fox bodies, an LX 5.0 and a Capri. When I turned 16 my car was totaled by hail damage and bought a Vibrant Red 93 GT with black interior. Since then I was bitten by the mod bug and it is safe to say I have an addiction. Since then I have had numerous fox bodies, a 95 cobra, 01 cobra, and a terminator swapped 01 GT. I took a hiatus for a couple years so I could focus on my schooling in college, but once I graduated and landed a job and bought my 2014 GT.

When I first test drove the car I was amazed how well it drove. Such an easy car to drive and actually rode smoother than my TSX at the time. The car pulled so hard for being completely stock, so I knew I had to have it. Now the car is full bolt ons running consistent 11s and is still very daily driveable. My favorite part about the s197 is although refined, its now refined to the point of not feeling like a mustang. Coming from older platforms, the car still feels like a mustang should IMO.

Now with the S550, I do like the way they look, and quite a bit. Hell I love the interior too, but after driving one I feel like the mustang has lost its raw form. To me it felt too bland/refined to be a mustang. It just didnt feel exciting anymore. Am I the only one to feel this way?

I wrote this to hear everyone else's stories on how they feel about mustang progression, and how you all got hooked to this hobby.

Dead Mach 1

Established Member
I too was bit by the mustang bug young. I was 14 when a friend had purchased an 89 gt convertible. Just about every day after school I was at his house helping him work on it. Fast foward 7 years and I'm buying my first stang an 04 DSG Mach 1. I loved that car. Had all the plans in the world to make that car crazy, but the tree had o th we plans. So then I'm able to get an 03 Cobra... love it.

But IMO the mustangs after 2004 just haven't done it for me. I hate the fly by wire, can't stand hydrolic clutches, and the interior in them just looks cheesey. Like they forgot to design an interior and just through what they had into it.

Users who are viewing this thread