Mustang race at U.S. 19 dragway in Albany

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I'm gonna try and hit this one up. I've missed the last 2 that they had and want to see if I can do some damage in the 5-speed class. It is this Sunday the 1st of June and gates open at 12 and race from 2 till 8.

Classes are a N/A street class, must drive the car to the track and be tagged and insured on DOT tires. Can be auto or manual.

Limited class, power adders allowed, DOT tires, auto or manual, tagged and insured too if I remember correctly.

5-speed class, power adder allowed, DOT tires, manual only, tagged and insured. This is the one I want to run in.

Run what ya brung class, just as it says.

All classes are heads up .500 pro tree.

I know Jamie R on here runnered up in the N/A street class last time out with his 01 cobra. Let's get some guys out there.:rockon:

MarcTheNarc

Noobra
Established Member
I might show up, depending on if I'm working and what time everybody is planning on heading out there. I'll probably leave early if I do make it, there's a good live fight on Versus Sunday night.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Those fights start at 9 don't they? I'd like to see them too, but I've been wanting to hit this race up the last 2 or 3 times that they had it and miss it every time.

MarcTheNarc

Noobra
Established Member
Those fights start at 9 don't they? I'd like to see them too, but I've been wanting to hit this race up the last 2 or 3 times that they had it and miss it every time.

Well I definitely won't be working on Sunday, I don't know what the hell I was thinking earlier. Just hit me up some time on Sunday and we'll see what's going on.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Well I definitely won't be working on Sunday, I don't know what the hell I was thinking earlier. Just hit me up some time on Sunday and we'll see what's going on.

I'm planning on going, weather permitting. Give me a call Saturday evening or Sunday morning. I'll probably try to head down there around 10:30 or so.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Here is a pic from the race.
f0x8pt.jpg

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I never knew there was a strip in Al-bany as they say down there. I lived in Valdosta when they built that track and I went to Reynolds once too. I need to head back south for some racing this fall.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
damn. thats my hometown. i had to miss this one. lemme know next time you head down!
There is another on scheduled for this Sunday the 20th of July, but I heard it may get moved to next Sunday the 27. I'm waiting to here back now.
I never knew there was a strip in Al-bany as they say down there. I lived in Valdosta when they built that track and I went to Reynolds once too. I need to head back south for some racing this fall.

The track in Albany has been there for much longer than the other two you mentioned. They also have a circle track across the street. Come on down and race. I race at all 3 of those and a few others, like Macon National(Twiggs), Headhunters(Eatonton) and Phenix City, Al.

Users who are viewing this thread