Mustang Test Vehicle.....Pics

1000HP+

Established Member
toomanymustangs said:
Computer plug? It looks like a block heater to me. Cool find though.

+1 ... It gets cold up north or so I am told.

Although I am a little miffed as to why they would park a test vehicle outside over night ...

Last edited:

jwsle

You are probably right on the block heater. Just not something we see here is GA very often.

I could not believe they left it out all night either. I will say this place is a little out of the way and about 90% of the people who pass it have no clue that it is a manufacturer. The part I left out about the cop, I had to wait over an hour for him to leave (I followed him to a gas station down the street then watched him head into town) before I could get in to take the pics.

Lawman85

Banned
grandestang said:
Looks like its an auto. I don't think thats a cobra test mule at all.

Paul

Exactly what I was thinking. The gauges look stock too, nothing like on the GT500 which has the boost gauge. I didn't see an add on gauge either. I wonder why it was at Panoz? Maybe no one would think to look for it there.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Exactly what I was thinking. The gauges look stock too, nothing like on the GT500 which has the boost gauge. I didn't see an add on gauge either. I wonder why it was at Panoz? Maybe no one would think to look for it there.

See being from Georgia myself that was the first thing I looked for. Panoz puts Ford everything with exception to a few parts here and there on their cars. They are more than likely testing out a new engine configuration like the cammer, or who knows. They are always testing motors and what not that Ford gives them. I saw a Panoz Esperate blast past me on 400 2 years ago and it was very obvious what new motor they were testing by the high pitched whine. That was two years before the 2003-04 Cobra motor showed up in the new Esperante, maybe the new esperante will have an all aluminum 5.4 N/A.

jwsle

I went about 30 min ago (on the way home from work) and it was back in the parking lot. Looks like someone has been driving it all week.

Users who are viewing this thread