Mustang vs Buick shootout.. Ned epping

ROCKTHROWER

Looking for balconys
Established Member
Gonne be doing a mustang Buick shootout. Mostly grand nationals and t types .. My friend asked me to get some mustangs to race. So bring your A game to represent.. It's gonna be on sept 30.. There will be prizes for the winners.. Let me kno if your interested.. Thanks Jeff :burn:

My2003Mach1

Established Member
New England dragway on the 30th

Are you going? I might go...

I would consider going if I'm surrounded by fun people..I'm inexperienced,(NOT naive to racing) especially with my car and level of HP... so having good guys to learn from that can offer intelligent feed back, how too's and insight is good stuff.

sometimes at these events there tends to be too many egos and assholes.

I wanna see what my Mach 1 can do... :pop:

PS I just paid my Mach 1 off.. if i blow it up now, my wife will punch my face in!

Last edited:

ROCKTHROWER

Looking for balconys
Established Member
There will be lots of experienced and not so experienced guys there.. All good people.. One of the t types run 8.50 s .. He's the guy that's throwing the event.. It's more of a going to have fun then an actual drag race shoot out. Just good people looking to drag race..

_mach_

Proud 2012 GT500 0wner
Established Member
I'm interested, although I'm not sure what kind of shape I'll be in Sunday, I have a wedding to go to Sat night. I think it'll be a game time decision

ROCKTHROWER

Looking for balconys
Established Member
It will be on Sunday.. At New England dragway in epping NH . It's a bunch of guys that are gonna be racing a bunch if Buick grand nationals and the guy that put that together asked me to get some mustangs to come up to race. He's gonna have hotdogs and burgers for everyone . Will need a head count by fri. It is a test and tune day. So if your interested let me kno a yes or no if you would like to go. Thanks Jeff

Hissing Cobra

Established Member
Are you guys sure it's on September 30th? According to the NED website there's an event scheduled for that day and it's called the "Coastal Truck Day" where there's going to be Big Rigs, light duty trucks, racing and truck show. If that's the case, I don't think the Mustangs or Buicks will be able to run?

I'm only posting this because I was scheduled to go up on Saturday the 29th, to race my Mustang with a bunch of other Mustang owners and we'd consider going to this but if that truck event is going on, we'd be wasting our time trying to go up there. With a 2.5 hour ride for all of us, I don't think we would want to risk not being able to run.

Can anyone confirm what's actually going to take place that day?

ROCKTHROWER

Looking for balconys
Established Member
They had this Sunday listed as test and tune but I guess they scheduled a truck thing within the last week.. Sorry guys guess its gonna be a no go..

Hissing Cobra

Established Member
Yep, I just called New England Dragway before I logged in here and they confirmed that Sunday is for Trucks only. Why don't you guys make it for Saturday's test in tune instead? I'm heading up with 3 or 4 other guys with Mustangs and my friend may be going with his '72 Buick GS.

Users who are viewing this thread