MUSTANG vs. GTO Shootout (UPDATE)

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Shirt_front.jpg

For any and all info, they now have an official website for the event.

http://www.mustangvsgto.com/

manOwar

Established Member
Can't wait!!!

After Hours of Planning (and beers) here is what we have in store.

Saturday November 1st Gainesville Raceway.

Racers Fee will be $60.00 (this includes paypal fee) and spectators will be $5.00

Racers will pay via paypal link . HTTP://MustangvsGTO.com

$60 Bucks gets you on the track and racing just clik the payment link with that price you also get a free tee shirt so when you sign up also add your shirt size.

When you pay pal please include your (real) name, screen name, address and phone number. This is important because that's how we are going to issue receipts and tickets (this way no one can go under as someone else).

All others shirts will cost $15.00 to buy if you want one or extras

Spectators will pay at the gate.

There are many other things that we have "in store" for this event, so all that have not signed up as of yet it would behove you greatly to jump on this event while in the early stages (trust me) .

This event is/has evolved greatly in the short period of time and is getting better and better as time goes on. This will be the event to remember.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm looking forward to it!!

Come on out and see what fried goat smells like.:xpl:

Last edited:

Silverboost

Established Member
Good stuff. TTT it goes.

Interesting avatar you got there! I most likely will be sitting on the sidelines while you two try to murder each other. I will make sure to bring my tools with me just in case one of you decide to rip the heart out of the other one.:dancenana:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Interesting avatar you got there! I most likely will be sitting on the sidelines while you two try to murder each other. I will make sure to bring my tools with me just in case one of you decide to rip the heart out of the other one.:dancenana:

The side line is no place for a Whipple charged Killer Chilled vert Cobra.
Unfortunately the race is limited to 40 Mustangs and 40 GTOs.
At this time they are full but you can put you name as an alternate.
I hope you do come up.
There is going toe some great racing especially between Ronnie and I.

Silverboost

Established Member
I definitely am going to ride up there. There are still a few things I need to do before I start to rip on her. I still need to pick up an IRS brace and get those subframe connectors welded on. The killer chiller has got my car in pieces right now and I haven't had a whole lot of time to put it back together.

geeteego

What???
Established Member

The heck you will! Someone will drop out...of that you can be sure. I'm bringing mine up behind my buddy's Titan for good measure. Something's bound to break with what I have up my sleeve.

The side line is no place for a Whipple charged Killer Chilled vert Cobra.
Unfortunately the race is limited to 40 Mustangs and 40 GTOs.
At this time they are full but you can put you name as an alternate.
I hope you do come up.
There is going toe some great racing especially between Ronnie and I.

+1. That silver beauty belongs on the track, not the sidelines. There is going to be some GREAT racing. Aside from you and I, lots of others are stalking around each other on MMJax and LS2GTO.com. Doc vs. ManoWar is going to be epic. I'm also waiting to see someone step up to the plate vs. Mick (TrakDay) and his monster, twin snail'ed, SRA '04 Goat.

I definitely am going to ride up there. There are still a few things I need to do before I start to rip on her. I still need to pick up an IRS brace and get those subframe connectors welded on. The killer chiller has got my car in pieces right now and I haven't had a whole lot of time to put it back together.

Tried to run you down in the Civic this morning, but you had too good of a lead and turned right on Daniels. Lisa wouldn't have appreciated me drifting by the front door at 100+. :dw:

Silverboost

Established Member
We need to line up the mini-van and the Civic. I need to put a cheap little nitrous kit on there. Maybe with a 75 shot it could do 17's in the quarter.

geeteego

What???
Established Member

45* intercooler temps...I likey for you.

I need a rollbar.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
45* intercooler temps...I likey for you.

I need a rollbar.

A roll bar at your speeds is a good idea especially with you having traction issues.
Bithlo was starting to get stricter a while back for anything under 11.49.

Here is a meter I thought you could use.

excusesforricersky1.jpg

geeteego

What???
Established Member
:burn:

2nd from the bottom right is how I feel most of the time.

Honestly, the only excuse I'll have Nov 1st is if you either see a large explosion in your rearview, or the rear tires rolling independently of the car. Other than that, I should be out front nicely. :thumbsup:

Question:

Does a 100-shot on a turbo = 2x75 on a ported Eaton?

I wonder. :idea:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
:burn:

2nd from the bottom right is how I feel most of the time.

Honestly, the only excuse I'll have Nov 1st is if you either see a large explosion in your rearview, or the rear tires rolling independently of the car. Other than that, I should be out front nicely. :thumbsup:

Question:

Does a 100-shot on a turbo = 2x75 on a ported Eaton?

I wonder. :idea:

100 shot and a turbo just to beat an sprayed Eaton heavy vert with a marginal driver????
I personally think all I will see is tire smoke in my rear view mirror.
Hopefully not smoke from a ventilated block!!!!
October 5th is coming up!!
My combo is still the same and has not been changed yet.

geeteego

What???
Established Member
100 shot and a turbo just to beat an sprayed Eaton heavy vert with a marginal driver????
I personally think all I will see is tire smoke in my rear view mirror.
Hopefully not smoke from a ventilated block!!!!
October 5th is coming up!!
My combo is still the same and has not been changed yet.

LOL, I hear things...and a 10-sec Eaton car is no indication of a bad driver.

A 134mph trap on an 11 second car, well, you do the math. Besides, I need to spool that lazy ol' snail out back.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
LOL, I hear things...and a 10-sec Eaton car is no indication of a bad driver.

A 134mph trap on an 11 second car, well, you do the math. Besides, I need to spool that lazy ol' snail out back.

What kind of power do you expect from the 100 shot?
You were at 703/600.
800/700 maybe????

You must have a mega fuel system.

geeteego

What???
Established Member
What kind of power do you expect from the 100 shot?
You were at 703/600.
800/700 maybe????

You must have a mega fuel system.

Rick, I'm not sure. I honestly think I would jet it for 50 at the most, and at this point, I am not sure if it is a good idea at all as the car sits. With twin 255's, an 8.1L bucket, and a Boost-A-Pump on the returnless system, I'm holding 60psi fuel on fully loaded runs at 16psi boost measured at the intake. Injectors are at 88% DS, which concerns me. AFR is fine. So far, on test runs on the street, I am getting no coolant crossover. That tells me the heads are staying put, which I like. This is with 2.5 gals of 110 in a half tank of 93. There's no KR in the logs, which again makes me feel good.

There's an excellent return-style system for our cars that is able to support 1k + rwhp, so I am looking at that. Not for a while, and not until I install a rollbar. I don't want temptation to end up in disaster.

As of right now, I'm waiting on motor mounts, radius rod bushings, outer tierod ends, and trans mounts to get here. I got under the car and found out the ol' girl is pretty beat up underneath. Little clunking here and some notchy shifting there...voila! Time for overalls and a crawler.

It looks mean with the drag radials. Pics later. :poke:

-Ronnie

Last edited:

Silverboost

Established Member
Pussin out already GeeTeeGo.....

I wish I could get my a/c going again in my car so I can drive my car, but seeing how I am getting de-balled today i won't be able to mess with it for a week or so.

geeteego

What???
Established Member
Pussin out already GeeTeeGo.....

I wish I could get my a/c going again in my car so I can drive my car, but seeing how I am getting de-balled today i won't be able to mess with it for a week or so.

LOL, nutless wonder! Lemme know how you're feeling, as I need to do this as well.

Mike, you know I'm crazy as it is...I just don't know if I'm THAT crazy without proper safety gear. It'll be enough on boost alone.

Note to self...Driveshaft loops.

Silverboost

Established Member
i feel good actually. The procedure was quick and painless. I have just been laying in bed pretty much since yesterday just watching tv and screwing around on the internet. The wife and kids went to the pool today so i was able to sneak out in the garage for a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread