Mviv??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourth Horseman

Established Member
bigslim said:
We are in the mist of making the plans for this year's Dream Cruise. We would love to have you. Fly in for the event. You are still one of us.

Thank you for the invite. I'm definitely considering it. I'll have to see how finances look when we get a little closer. If I don't make it this year then I'm absolutely going to try for '07.
:beer:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
SergntMac said:
Okay then, let's talk about it.

I recall the SSM club (now our largest faction) was very excited about this last year, but the silence is deafening at this point. So, any volunteers? Anyone want to take the lead/leash? Don't forget, location is open too.

Mac, The largest doesn't necessarily mean the most organized. Florida has a large group, but i think they are more spread out across the state than say a club like the MCM. 90% of our club is right in the thick of things, and we try hard to include the others that have a little bit of a drive to join us, we dont want them left out. You need an orgainized group locally to set something up. Thats how we did it and thats why MVIII was the best Marauderville to this date, or any date.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
I think we should have the next meet exclusively in the North East part of FL.

Think of all the fun we could have. We could listen to country music and suck down pieces of some pig that was run down to exhaustion by dogs and butchered somewhere out in the wilds of central FL.

If we really put our heads together we could beg some shop to host a dyno day and pay for bad tunes.

We could race around said shop in circles and everytime someone's car breaks down I bet we could find an expert mechanic and installer who would sell us parts and standby his work, not like other shops where you pay for parts and later find they were never installed or were used.

We could find a telephone and everytime it rang we could take turns answering it, pretend we were the shop's owner, be nice, give expert advice and excellent customer service.

We could all sit in a circle, have a real heart to heart discussion, the person with the biggest sob story about how everyone else is out to get/ruin him for no reason whatsoever wins!

We could have an event where contestants would compete to build a motor in the longest amount of time possible for the largest sum of money (of course this takes a huge time commitment but it's not like it hasn't been done before). Winner gets a website dedicated exclusively to him.

We could have races down the Florida TurnPike after we swap cars. Whoever racks up the most fines from FHP by getting their car's rear end picture taken when running toll booths wins! Don't worry, you don't have to pay the fines from the car you were driving as it is not yours. (Don't sign up for this race if you plan on selling anything to FHP on their squad cars as they may get a little irked later realizing your the "great toll booth bandit!"

Anyone else got any ideas?

Last edited:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Well, the poll is at 13 attending, not stellar numbers by any stretch of the imagination. For a club with 80 members, that speaks volumes, only a few attending are actually from florida, so what does that tell you? I really wish someone in atlanta or elsewhere, tenn, NC, etc down south would step up and do this MV justice.

MENACE

Banned
:idea: Why not have it in Cape Cod, Mass., you have a moderator there that loves to be in charge and run the show. :rollseyes This way she could bring her car, although she would have to have someone clean it for her again........for the 2nd time ever. :xpl:

:p

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
bigslim said:
That is funny Tim. Maybe someone will make a reality show out of that.

Slim, just a hypothetical gag. It's not like any of that would really happen to enable a "reality tv show"..........

Would it? :shrug:

The Wraith

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
I think we should have the next meet exclusively in the North East part of FL.

Think of all the fun we could have. We could listen to country music and suck down pieces of some pig that was run down to exhaustion by dogs and butchered somewhere out in the wilds of central FL.

If we really put our heads together we could beg some shop to host a dyno day and pay for bad tunes.

We could race around said shop in circles and everytime someone's car breaks down I bet we could find an expert mechanic and installer who would sell us parts and standby his work, not like other shops where you pay for parts and later find they were never installed or were used.

We could find a telephone and everytime it rang we could take turns answering it, pretend we were the shop's owner, be nice, give expert advice and excellent customer service.

We could all sit in a circle, have a real heart to heart discussion, the person with the biggest sob story about how everyone else is out to get/ruin him for no reason whatsoever wins!

We could have an event where contestants would compete to build a motor in the longest amount of time possible for the largest sum of money (of course this takes a huge time commitment but it's not like it hasn't been done before). Winner gets a website dedicated exclusively to him.

We could have races down the Florida TurnPike after we swap cars. Whoever racks up the most fines from FHP by getting their car's rear end picture taken when running toll booths wins! Don't worry, you don't have to pay the fines from the car you were driving as it is not yours. (Don't sign up for this race if you plan on selling anything to FHP on their squad cars as they may get a little irked later realizing your the "great toll booth bandit!"

Anyone else got any ideas?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You bad Tim :-D
:pop:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Slim, just a hypothetical gag. It's not like any of that would really happen to enable a "reality tv show"..........

Would it? :shrug:

.....The Twilight Zone....

The Wraith

Established Member
Again: Ya know what? Fuhgettabuhdit

MI2QWK4U said:
Well, the poll is at 13 attending, not stellar numbers by any stretch of the imagination. For a club with 80 members, that speaks volumes, only a few attending are actually from florida, so what does that tell you? I really wish someone in atlanta or elsewhere, tenn, NC, etc down south would step up and do this MV justice.
I agree. I mean the sebring thing sounded good at first but now itsa 1 day event and i dont think i me and Peg are going to go. How bout it Dave another one in Michigan?

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
I would venture to say that certain members of the SSM's started off discussing planning with the best of intentions.

But let us do a history check here.

It been over 3 years now and I am sorry to say a large amount of senior members have withdrawn into their respective camps and hurl insults at each other (myself included so don't a lot of you guys play that Saintly Holier than Thou BS). I have seen a lot of people I once highly respected retreat slyly to their camps and outwardly posture in public that they haven't :xpl:
but at least with me what you see is what you get, dislike me or not, its real.

And why have people withdrawn into their respective camps while they outwardly pretend they have not while animosity bubbles below the surface?

It is because of brand and personal loyalties which have gone above and beyond the purpose of using an internet website to make friends, increase knowledge of your vehicle, and enhance your cars performance.

In order for any corporate entity to make profits there has to be a stable environment to make money. If the country is in civil war the economy collapses and financial enterprises suffer and go under. In our case, we are stricly regulated to enable a stable environment. Which is not bad per se, but the down side is that those with the strongest financial muscle control the show.

Then comes the character assassinations, brand posturing, and down right dirty mechanical coverups and rip offs!

So it will be interesting to see if another MMer event takes place.

I for one will attend anything in reasonable driving distance, no matter who else is going to attend. And I know full well at this stage in the game peoples decisions to attend an event will be strongly influenced by the bubbling animosity reference who else is attending.

From what I have read the last events have been great successes. Let's see if it continues.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
The Wraith said:
I agree. I mean the sebring thing sounded good at first but now itsa 1 day event and i dont think i me and Peg are going to go. How bout it Dave another one in Michigan?

Me and the guys up here would love to host everyone again, but we had our shot last year and it was a lot of work. I cant believe people actually believe folks like Mac that says planning isnt a big deal, well, it is. We put on the type of event we would want to go to, big and fabulous in scope and depth. It will stand as the best National Event. Maybe next year. Now that we have this party down pat for planning, It wouldnt be hard to do it again next year, maybe someone should suggest that....permanent National meet at the Woodward Dream Cruise, birthplace of the Marauder Concept Car!

You are welcome to attend our Local event at Woodward this year. Third annual MCM crusin Woodward...same parking lot, same hotel, all planned out, got room for around 40 Marauders...intersted? and we will put some other events together, just not to the same same level as last year.

SergntMac

Established Member
MI2QWK4U said:
Me and the guys up here would love to host everyone again, but we had our shot last year and it was a lot of work. I cant believe people actually believe folks like Mac that says planning isnt a big deal, well, it is. We put on the type of event we would want to go to, big and fabulous in scope and depth. It will stand as the best National Event. Maybe next year. Now that we have this party down pat for planning, It wouldnt be hard to do it again next year, maybe someone should suggest that....permanent National meet at the Woodward Dream Cruise, birthplace of the Marauder Concept Car!

You are welcome to attend our Local event at Woodward this year. Third annual MCM crusin Woodward...same parking lot, same hotel, all planned out, got room for around 40 Marauders...intersted? and we will put some other events together, just not to the same same level as last year.

Take it, Dave, declare it done and get on with it. The clock is ticking and you have a lot of work ahead of you.

Last edited:

Hack Goby

Walking the fence
Established Member
SergntMac said:
I'm not responding to irritate you, Dave, the fact that I breath air does that. I'm responding to ask why you haven't put your offer on the Marauder.Net? Seems to me this is what you have wanted from the beginning, why all the sneaking around? Why tease all those other MM.Net members now coming forward to dedicate their time to a National event? Take it, Dave, declare it done and get on with it. The clock is ticking and you have a lot of work ahead of you.
Mac,Did you ever think that you could have a great one right at home in Chicago.Build it around the Chi-Town cruise,Drag racing at Joliet,Dynos with Bradley.A big bash at Exit with Big Joe P.Fishing charters on Lake Michigan pluse all the other things there are to do there.Sounds like you might have to make a few plans though.Insted of trying to pull the strings from from where you are on an event thats not even in your state why dont you step up and rally all the other Chicago Marauder owners.

SergntMac

Established Member
Other than signing up for Sebring, and reminding them of dash plaques, I have made no overt, or, covert gestures or moves out of line with any other member's suggestions. I like Vegas, as well as 3-4 other places, I would like to go, same as everyone else.

Last edited:

bigslim

Established Member
SergntMac said:
I'm not responding to irritate you, Dave, the fact that I breath air does that. I'm responding to ask why you haven't put your offer on the Marauder.Net? Seems to me this is what you have wanted from the beginning, why all the sneaking around? Why tease all those other MM.Net members now coming forward to dedicate their time to a National event? Take it, Dave, declare it done and get on with it. The clock is ticking and you have a lot of work ahead of you.
This is not what Dave is implying. We don't want MVIV here. We will have our usual Woodward Dream Cruise event just as we have had for the last two years.

What Dave is saying is we have our same lot. If anyone would like to join us fine. We have also said that we will not be planning a big scale shindig like last year. Of course if we have visitors from out of town here we will plan a few activites to occupy their time. Dave has said it and I will say it, WE DON'T WANT MVIV HERE!!!!

Why must you always try to turn everyone's words around to try to make yourself look good? Until you get off your "High Horse" and plan a National Meet in your town or go through the leg work of organizing one stay off our backs. You had the chance to come to the best MV yet but instead went to a lame BBQ. Let these other people do what they will and stay out of it.

Hack Goby

Walking the fence
Established Member
SergntMac said:
What strings am I supposed to be pulling, Paul?

Other than signing up for Sebring, and reminding them of dash plaques, I have made no overt, or, covert gestures or moves out of line with any other member's suggestions. I like Vegas, as well as 3-4 other places, I would like to go, same as everyone else. I don't care to visit Chicago on vacation, or, spend my vacation time working at what I do for a living. If someone else from Chicago start something, I'll give them a hand with some chores, but that's no more than I have done in the past with MV-I and MV-II. For MV-III, I stayed out of it altogether, other than to donate some fender badges for raffle.

If you have heard different, you're hearing stories. I'll help anyone asking for help with anything, but (and more importantly) I want nothing to do with managing such an affair, I just want to go on vacation. If you believe I'm looking to run MV-IV, you're very very wrong. I do this crap for a living, why would I want to do it on vacation? I just want to plan my 2006 vacation time ASAP, okay with you?

Now if you think you know something that I'm hiding, spill it and sign your name.
Mac,The string pulling was a bit much and I will retract that statement but the people on MM.NET have spoken. Marauderville MVII will be somewhere else.What Sebring will be is a nice Regional event and I hope everyone going will have a good time.Nashville is sounding good right now but it gets hotter than hell there in the summer but Ennis,Indy, and Detroit were hot also..Atlanta with the heavyweight shootout is not until Nov.Thats a long time to wait so maybe that would be another regional event to end the year with.I am not very good on the soapbox so this is the last you will hear from me about all this.Lets all go out and have a good time no matter where we go............Paul

SergntMac

Established Member
Truth is, Paul, I could care less where MV-IV ends up. I know now I won't be able to make every meet possible, or, mentioned to this point. A meet is a meet, and that's where the fun is.

Last edited:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
SergntMac said:

No irratation at all Mac. We did it last year, and its some one elses turn. We have not intentions of hosting another MV. First of all, its not my choice to speak for the club. If and when the club wants to do it again, they will make a proposal like anyone else would. Personally, I am looking forward to going to MVIV and putting my feet up and relaxing, enjoying both car and friends. For me, MVIII was a blur, almost a weeklong blur, but nonetheless, it was a lot of work. That, Mac, is why I am encouraging a group to step up and plan one hell of a MVIV for me to enjoy. I dont mind helping out someone if they want help planning their event. Now stop putting words or intentions in my mouth, you are really starting to annoy me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread