My '02 GT vs. 10 sec Civic

PhatSVT

Established Member
I had no idea what I was up against. All I was told was this turbo civic is wanting to race. No idea the spectators were getting a pot together on who will win. I was asking if I could put $20 on the Civic. They laughed in a amusement and I put it in for myself. Not sure of how high the pot got. We go to meet up with the Civic and he comes out on 17" touring wheels. I was thinking wow I have this in the bag because this guy sure as hell wont hook in this cold weather. We get to the spot and the civic is getting jacked up and then they pull out a air gun and swap on the slicks. I then knew they must be talking business. At this point all I know is it's just a turboed civic hatch with slicks. I mean come on how fast can you make a civic. LOL, boy was I wrong. First race we go from a 35 MPH roll to his likeing and I put maybe 2 cars on him to 120 MPH and let out as he keeps going by. He claims he won because he went around. I said, "yeah a ricer fly-by". Anyways, after all the drama was finished he wanted to go again and make things more clearer. We go at it again and here is the video. The road was horribly lit so let the headlamps tell the story.

(right click save-as)

http://tau.is-a-geek.org/images/canon/2004_12_31/civic_vs_stang-race_2.avi

After the race I find out he has ran a 10.9 at the track and dynoed around 500 hp.

Street and strip are two different playgrounds.

Thanks,
Sam

Last edited:

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
I honestly thought you were going to get walked but you're right about street and track, a monster on the track can be a dog on the street.

tuke

I am t3h Banned
Established Member
kinda looked like the blue hatch that killed a tt supra on supramovies.com.
he would probably make some serious $$ runing amongst dsms and wrx's (from a roll of course) nice run, nice stang, and teh vid, well... keep em comin :)

PhatSVT

Established Member
Not sure if it's the same hatch, but it is teal in color and has been all over the US in events. So maybe it was the very same one. I'll have to ask...

supercharged95

Established Member
PhatSVT said:
I mean come on how fast can you make a civic. LOL, boy was I wrong.

i'm in agreement with you there...... i had a big wakeup call when i went with my roomate to a drag event with some of his friends.....
clicky
there's a vid halfway down the page for those of you that are bored and want to see some import action :burn:

PhatSVT

Established Member
I wish my car ran 9's. I have ran a best of 12.1 @ 115 MPH in warmer temps. However I was hooking decent and maybe trapping a tad higher. So I was prolly a high 11 second car that night. The civic was no more than a high11 or low 12 second car with the lack of traction. The civic's top-end showed me he had more to offer.

Yeah can't post this stuff on CEG, they are totally against street racing. That sucks.

Justin, why didn't you race the Civic? You raped the STi. You remember that black SRT4 at the meeting spot before heading out to race? I raced him from stop and a roll. Absolutely worked him over hard! He had it boosted up around 17-18 psi with stuff like boost controller, upgraded wastegate, exhaust, etc... He said he wanted a piece of you and I told him if he couldn't handle me he shouldn't even mess with you. Your Cobra looks so good brotha. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

O4COBRA

Established Member
Your mustang sounds awesome. Great job on the honda kill. I just love when the imports try to do the fly-bys. I had a Celica GTS try that on me on the way home from dinner one night. I noticed him coming up really fast, I didn't realize what he was trying to do until he got to my rear quarter panel, I was doing about 50, he had to be doing about 75. Needless to say I had him around the end of 3rd gear, and going by fast! Great Vid!!

Users who are viewing this thread