My 03 Cobra replacement

Sick SVT

Established Member
I hated to do it but I sold my tvs 03. I didnt like taking a car I had a payment on to the track and wanted to save some $ every month so I found this guy. A near mint 95 rio red gt. 60k original miles. It has a 331 from panhandle. The motor was actually won buy the previous owner at a show. Ported canfield 170's, ported performer rpm upper and lower, small cam, long tubes, arp everything, scat rotating assy, etc. Has an aode with stall and shift kit and 4.10's. Also in the deal I got a built 4r75 super comp trans from pa with a pi 3500 triple disk converter. trans brake, mvb, shifter, etc. This car is super clean inside and out and drives like a damn new sn95! I plan on swapping the 4r75 internals into the aode and running the mvb and getting a dart based 302 on spray. It also has a tweecer that im trying to learn how to use which is why the computer is out. Here she is dressed in drag. Sorry for the cell phone pics. Its all i got!

20141106_082049_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20141106_081928.jpg

20141106_082125.jpg

20141106_081910.jpg

20141106_081839.jpg

20141106_073121.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks clean man. I'm sure you'll miss the cobra though. I would have done everything I could have to resist modding it until it was paid off. Gotta do what you think is right though.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Looks clean man. I'm sure you'll miss the cobra though. I would have done everything I could have to resist modding it until it was paid off. Gotta do what you think is right though.

Ya im def going to miss the cobra but I have always had a soft spot for the sn95 body style. My cobra was caged, sra, solid rear bushings, etc. This car I can put my son in and drive to car shows, etc. ALOT slower but it has potential. It was the right move for me and where im at.

Ford1288

Established Member
Beautiful car. People always gravitate towards a car that somehow captured them in earlier years, which is why I can't get away from foxes. You can always make it as fast as you want. Good buy and good luck!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice looks clean I'd see if you could find some cheap OE 96-98 tails I always liked them and 96-98 Cobra headlights better just my opinion.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya im def going to miss the cobra but I have always had a soft spot for the sn95 body style. My cobra was caged, sra, solid rear bushings, etc. This car I can put my son in and drive to car shows, etc. ALOT slower but it has potential. It was the right move for me and where im at.

I hear you, sounds like your cobra wasn't as fun to drive with the added cage and such. I won't be doing that with mine, been there with my old 92 GT. I've always had a soft spot for foxbodies, I may get one to add along side the cobra one day. Or a Lightning truck!

I like the white hoosier lettering, I'd leave it.

Sick SVT

Established Member
I hear you, sounds like your cobra wasn't as fun to drive with the added cage and such. I won't be doing that with mine, been there with my old 92 GT. I've always had a soft spot for foxbodies, I may get one to add along side the cobra one day. Or a Lightning truck!

I like the white hoosier lettering, I'd leave it.

laces out ftw! I loved my Cobra and put a lot of work into it. I just changed directions a bit. It was turning into a drag car and I'm looking for a fun street car I can put the wife and kid in. I mean a dart 363 with 250 shot, full interior, a/c, p/s, and radio is still gonna be fun at the track. Just will be a bit nicer on the drive there. Getting old sucks!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread