My '03 Cobra Whipple/T56/IRS vs 596 cu. in. Chevy

black-plasma

Established Member
New PB after getting a little loose on the 1-2 shift, I caught him on the big end. Never gets old beating race cars in my Cobra I drive 50+ miles each way to the track with big/skinnies in the back seat/trunk. I ran a 10.50 to his 10.54. My next pass I went 10.46 with a 1.49 60' but no video.

[youtube_browser]EhjBJ6DwHrg[/youtube_browser]

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Oh man this gets me motivated! I'm shooting for 10.50's but on IRS! :-(. Nice run btw! That thing was dancing for sure!

black-plasma

Established Member
I'm still on IRS ;)

I think it spun because I tried launching at 4k. I backed it down to 3.5k and got a 1.49 60' so I think that is my sweet spot with my suspension.

black-plasma

Established Member
I made 625rwhp and 677rwtq on a dynomite land and sea dyno, I have no idea what that is on a dyno jet. Eric Brooks tuned it.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I'm in the track rental at MIR through MACA this October. Still IRS. And running close to the same power as black plasma hopefully. Minus the E-85- that may be next year!

black-plasma

Established Member
What's your suspension setup? I'm still IRS and 6 speed but haven't got a good run at the track yet

H&R race springs and Cobra R spec Bilstein's. I have set up for open track events really. I also have the FTBR bushings, Detroit truetrac and as mentioned above pro level Half shafts.

black-plasma

Established Member
I'm in the track rental at MIR through MACA this October. Still IRS. And running close to the same power as black plasma hopefully. Minus the E-85- that may be next year!

I was a MACA members back in '05-'07. One of the only things I miss about the living in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread