My 03 looking for 800HP

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Just finished ordering the SHM 5.2 liter cobra long block. I ordered the HBH kit for the KB to get rid of the oil leak. Trying to figure out do I want to go with the Procharger or KB on this one? It will be driven regularly in the summer. I don't want her to be a dyno queen, but I herd the procharger puts out great power. I want her streetable as possible, but be able to run 10s at the track.

So, should I go with the Procharger set up or the KB on this one? Is 800HP possible with the setup, I will be using a 2.50in pulley so boost will be around 25 pounds. Also are there half shafts that can with stand 700 plus horsepwer?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
a 2.5" pulley may get you 25psi on the stock cobra engine but you have to remember that your adding a lot of volume so you will likely lose 5psi or so. This however is a GOOD thing since you lose volume per PSI as they increase and add heat with boost. The blower will flow more air with less restriction behind it.

Note sure if you will hit 800hp though without cams. Better have some good ideas for a fuel system as well.

As for halfshafts your only choice is a lvl 5 DSS setup rigfht now, dont forget to get the 26 spline input shaft, a better clutch and MJ's diff girdle as well or you will be poicking up peices.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Cams are in the works as we speak my friend. I believe the Aeromotive 1000HP system will do just fine. Should I just swap a 9in. read in there?

I wish this mod bug would stop biting me.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
SSlayer96

What happened to your engine? Why are you changing the block?

you might as well get a solid axle with some slicks and you will stare 9's in the eye.

You will need some larger injectors, maybe 76lbs. I think you'll see 750rwhp and 685rwtq give or take.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Dgussin1, call me crazy, but 650rwhp was starting to get a little boring. Yeah, I think the Ford 9in. will be under there. I already have 94# injectors laying around somewhere.

The old block I guess will be on ebay soon. Along with the BBK long tubes and X-pipe. I'll post when they are for sale. I'll be letting them go for really cheap so be looking for them soon.

No turbo for me fellas I've had bad experience with them earlier in life, but won't go into it.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by SSlayer96
Dgussin1, call me crazy, but 650rwhp was starting to get a little boring.

you're crazy. Although my 470rwhp has gotten boring.

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I would personally go with the Procharger system. Hmmmm.... isnt it funny how we get use to the the power after a few weeks. I'm craving more and more every day! Damn Horsepower Gods!!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
In my opnion, the 2.2 KB is not enough to support 800hp without nitrous. You probably need the 2.4 KB.

Or, like it was mentioned, go turbo. A turbo will have no problem supporting over 1000hp. Since it seems like you have decent funds for this, why not go all out and go turbo?

The IRS decision is up to you. There are halfshafts availible that will handle 800hp, especially on the street where you will be running street tires or drag radials. And now you can buy a differential brace. So it is possible to beef up the IRS to handle it. Its up to you to decide if you want to do it or not.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
why just go turbo when you can go twin turbo!

Cobra%20Front%20View%20without%20bumper%20cover.jpg

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Exactly what shadowgray said, plus a 9" would be a great addition along with a Lentech AOD. I know of an 03 with a 9" Moser(sp), he launches at 5500rpm getting low 1.5 60's....

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
This thing will be street driven?????
Are you serious????
I love the 9" but it is very heavy....
an 8.8 with the good stuff will take huge torque loads, and live ....
I think at this level the stick and the IRS would be very questionable........CRUNCH!!!!
Big fat radiator.... Lentech AOD w/ brake
I'm not familiar w/ that fuel system that was mentioned but your choice here will make or break this whole project....please do not take your fuel delivery and managment lightly(I know you won't ) It is really one of the most common killers of High boost engines,
that and street related heat soak.... followed by a hard full on high boost pass......... GOODBYE 7 AND 8!!!
Good luck to you.... remember Pro level drag racers get to park their cars right away.... and next time they run they are all cooled off.... the street factor here is where a lot of us have seen problems..........Heat!
Jimmy:thumbsup:

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
not sure what kits are available from aeromotive for the 03/04 cobra, but make no mistake about it, aeromotive is the BEST when it come to designing fuel systems.

sounds like a sick car in the works, but get over your emotional trama from when you were younger and GO TURBO... hell, like mentioned earlier, go TWIN TURBO... you'll have the baddest cobra in the nation.... for awhile anyway.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
I think I'll probably go with the 2.4 KB first. I mean if that doesn't do it for me then, I'll just get turbo for it and make some serious power.

Thanks for all the replies, your information helped out a lot.

jasil

Established Member
Currently that's my plan also SS...2.4 KB and JDM stage 3 cams should be close to 750-775rwhp. JDM just dynoed a KB with cams and made 724rwhp with a little slippage, so a 2.4 should add a little .

Good Luck

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Sounds like I like the sound of the JDM cams. How much are they running for I can't remember I think I herd something about them a little time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread