My 03 vs Rx7

XtraVenom03

Established Member
Ok I'm driving down taking a friend back home and I manage to look in my rear view mirror and start to see the headlights of what I thought was a C5. Nope, pulled up and to my surprise it was a nice red Rx7. We then noticed each other and took off, I jumped out ahead quick and he was on my bumper until we head into a turn so I just take the turn easy and let him go ahead. He then pulled into a jack in the box and I follow to ask questions. First thing I asked him was how much boost he had and he told me 12 pounds and that was the only mod he had done which I don't believe at all since the exhaust did have a great sound to it and I know an Rx7 doesnt sound like that from factory. He then asked me to run so I did. We went to some huge street and both lined up. Now, I had no idea how we were going to start so I was completely thrown off and he just took off about 1.5 car lengths ahead and me spinning tires like crazy (keep in mind there was no light to signal us so thats the cause of the 1.5 car head start) And we're off hitting 2nd gear I got back into it quickly with about a nose ahead shifting into 3rd my car was just pulling hard and when I got into 3rd it was over. I'm still disappointed on how the race went off since he started without me knowing crap but I'm happy my car was able to get next to him again and pull away.
Overall, I'm still amazed by the Rx7. :D

jack66

Established Member
XtraVenom,
That is a great kill!!!:lol:
Those rx-7s are no joke. my friend used to have a 3rd generation Rx7 and he did a single turbo upgrade (T-78). He tracks his car and gets high 11s. However, he blew his motor couple times (those rotary engines are shitty) and he ended up selling it.
I noticed that you are from CA too, can you tell me where is a good shop/tuner to install aftermarket parts for you (eg. pulley's, exhaust, intake...). This is going to be my first Cobra so I really need a good shop for the installation. Good kill once again. :beer:
JACK

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Ya know a LS1 or LT1 bolts right up to those, SCARY huh? Have a friend that just blew his rotary, and is looking for a LS1...

Users who are viewing this thread