My 03 Z06, wheel opinion needed

03CobraDom

Established Member
I currently have OEM speedlines that are chromed, but are peeling extremely bad.. I'm debating between getting a set of chrome replica Z06 wheels, or these Deep Dish C5 replicas with rivets.. Which looks better? Sorry its a quick crappy photoshop.
New idea:
newwheels.jpg

Current:
DSC01844.jpg

stangaholic280

Established Member
Tough choice. Honestly I like the ones you have now better. The other ones are pretty nice tho...PS job probably isn't doing them justice.

Mikw4

Established Member
not crazy about the replicas with rivets. the rivets dont look like they belong there. i do like the current wheels. if i had to replace them, i'd go with the c6 z06 replicas in chrome. i found an image (not chrome). gives you an idea though.

NewWheels.jpg

dads01dream

Established Member
Too much effort to keep the rivet wheels cleaned if it's a DD..... I went with C5 Z06 in chrome, get plenty of thumbs up for a knock-off stock wheel. :rolling: I have 10.5's in back rolling 305's, would have loved to pick them up in a 12" width but it seems the aftermarket gave them up. :shrug:

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
My brother has the stock Z06 rims, but it's mini-tubbed car with widened stock rims (12") and 345/35/18 Mickey Thompson tires. To me, that actually looks really nice. Especially when you see the big ass tires from the back.

I'll be posting pics in a new thread soon.

03CobraDom

Established Member
All you need is a slam and tint. Save the $$ for performance mods. :burnout:

Its actually already tinted 5% now lol.. The pic is from last month..

Good luck finding a replica rim that isn't a lot heavier than stock. Rechrome your speedlines, or paint them.
Nobody will rechrome them b/c theyre pitted and peeling..i'll probably sand blast them at my work and get them powdercoated black and sell them, i like the chrome tho

CFRacer22

Established Member
not crazy about the replicas with rivets. the rivets dont look like they belong there. i do like the current wheels. if i had to replace them, i'd go with the c6 z06 replicas in chrome. i found an image (not chrome). gives you an idea though.

NewWheels.jpg

this, but chrome

Users who are viewing this thread