my 04 cobra vs civic vs fox body stang

04svtsnake

bs stops when green drops
Established Member
:thumbsup: so finally i got my computer working, about to weeks ago i went out with my friends for some good oll racing. i pull up to were they were hanging out and everybody started telling me that i have to race a fast civic that was beating everybody, so i let my car cool off, then the ricer with the civic comes up and says " ill run you but i'll have to use my slicks" i said thats fine, so his buddy a couple of cars down starts talking chit so my friend rob tells him how about you unload that fox body of the trailer and run the cobra, so the guy says you dont want none of this, this car goes 9.'s i said ok the civic first. so i line up with the civic not knowing that he has a pro charger, so out of the dig in 1st i had him by 1/2 a car , 2nd gear i had him by 2 cars and 3rd gear i had about 4 to 5 cars on him with the breaks on. so the fox body pulls up, 1st gear dead even, 2nd gear 1/2 a car and i was speed shifting at 5500 rpm the whole time not at 6200, by 3rd i had 2 cars on him and he misses 3rd, so we went from a 2nd gear role and i pulled him by 2 cars shifting @ 5500 (not even power shifting!!!!!!:thumbsup: :bash: :beer:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
maybe the fox meant 9s in the 1/8th mile? :-D

Good kills. Beware of some hondahs!! they can be embarrassing!!! ask me how i know :lol:

kenny78h

Established Member
Truth be known, I am the owner of the 1993 Mustang LX. Yes, I do have heads, upper and lower intake, long tube headers 65 mm throttle body, 3.73 gears, and a 100 shot. Not only is my rear end messed up, and most of the time i'm only pulling with one tire, my 2nd gear synchronizer is shot so I miss second... a lot.. When I raced the '04 I knew he would probably beat me because my car is having a lot of problems. With all of my mods I only have 250 rwh and 315 fpt. Hopefully I will get this fixed in the next few weeks and I will be looking forward to racing the '04 again. I personally feel sad for the other ricers that were there that night because my friend with the civic dominated in his class and they had to call an '04 Cobra to beat him. After hanging out with the owner of the '04 and his friends, I realized that they're really nice guys and hope to hang out with them more often. I also found out just the other day that my clutch cable has been partialy broke which would explain why I missed 3rd as well as 2nd that night.

66sprint6

Blown Inliner (soon)
Established Member
Man, is anything going right on that car???? I know how it is tho, things arent exactly movin on mine. Just dont let your buddies, or anyone at that, talk trash about a car that isnt all its made out to be.

Good Kill 04
Matt

04svtsnake

bs stops when green drops
Established Member
thanks kenny,you're also really cool and like all of us mustang guys including you say, all ricers think that they can compete with us mustang guys (ricers as in honda) but you are more than welcome to hang out with us any time , also when you call me dont block your number i'm not goin to be answering blocked calls, hey next thursday or friday my friends 400 hp focus and his cousins 9.40 grand national (street car) will be coming out with me!!! the only imports that can compete with us are rx-7s and supras!!!!! " i might be putting a 40 shot of nos on my 04 cobra" sorry my wifes cobra, ooppppsss!!!!!:thumbsup: :nono: :burnout:

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I have a similiar setup as you kevin78h, minus the juice. After a tune and a couple more odds and ends I hope to be running high to mid 12's on motor.

kenny78h

Established Member
well nevermind about my p.o.s. i put the clutch cable on and took it 4 a test drive it backfired and wouldnt crank. so i pushed home with my truck (messing up my trucks bumper) and when i got home it cranked right up with what sounds like a lifter tappin i guess ill pull the motor and wait till i get some money to stroke it to a 347..............damn its ruff owning a p.o.s.

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
damn man, hard luck with the 5.0, maybe a DOHC 4.6 will suit u better... dont feel bad I can't afford that shit either :(

Users who are viewing this thread