my 10.85 @ 129.58 video

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

RGrossman

Established Member
Was only 1 wheel spinning in the second video of the burnout? If so, does that mean the diff is shot?

Awesome times! Was that on the spray?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Very nice pass! And you bogged the car!! There's another 2 tenths in that easy. I have always believed that these cars would love somewhere around a 2.80 1st gear tranny. Back in my Stock Eliminator days, we could find an absolute ton of et with different geared trannys. The car was always quicker slightly spinning than bogging.

That was an impressive pass.

Now, go rebuild your posi...you burned it up in your burnout!!!

VinSVT

Established Member
Just curious what other mods you have besides the apten port and nitrous.... basically what upper/lower pulleys?

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
thanx alot guys!!

the 10.85 was my first nitrous pass of the day , so i was shifting early at 5800 , just to make sure everything was working right. then i came around again , and while doing my burnout , my battery light came on , so i pulled off. it went away instantly , so i went back on the track and did another burnout. this happened 4 times , until i said fugg it , im running it anyway. so that 1 wheeled burnout and 10.90 pass was after 4 consecutive burnouts. im not sure why it didnt spin, cause i havent had a problem since.

as far as my mods. only power mods are apten , 2.75 , catback , midpipe, filter and tune , along with the 30 shot. now the car has a 2 # lower , t/b and a 60 shot along with prostars all around. im going to a track rental friday , hopefully the car runs good.

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
grey03svt said:
wow man that sum killer times!! hows your clutch setup? thinkin of the port and MAYBE at 30 shot also ;-)

im running a spec 3 clutch for over a year now , with MAJOR abuse , with no problems at all. a port and a little shot and these cars RUN!!!

shadowcoupe

VENOMOUS03COBRA said:
im running a spec 3 clutch for over a year now , with MAJOR abuse , with no problems at all. a port and a little shot and these cars RUN!!!

so your jus runnin the spec3 with stock flywheel ? are you using a 26spline input?
im thinking of goin with the new CF DFX 6puck clutch. but am wanting to keep the stock flywheel since there is only 5k miles on it since it was replaced by the dearler due to factory defect.

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
grey03svt said:
so your jus runnin the spec3 with stock flywheel ? are you using a 26spline input?
im thinking of goin with the new CF DFX 6puck clutch. but am wanting to keep the stock flywheel since there is only 5k miles on it since it was replaced by the dearler due to factory defect.

spec 3 clutch, stock flywheel and stock input shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread