My 1997 Terminated Roush

Outlaw

Terminated
Established Member
Picked this car up 4ish months ago. Unfortunately for me it's been a bit of nightmare but im slowly making some progress.

I spent a ton of time talking to the seller and had a few people on here that lived or knew the car say is was fantastic so i decided to go for it.

The Story..

The car took 1 month to get here, a pain to say the least. After receiving the car it would not idle or run right at all. The car was also overheating in any type of traffic. There also seemed to be a lot of electrical issue's (clock working on and off and not keeping time, dash lights not coming on and the cluster totally not working). Also the wide band not reading correctly (something i did know about before purchase and was assured it was a minor issue he did not have time to fix) I took to the coolant system first trying to remove any air bubbles and managed to get the temps down that way. While doing this however i found that the lover rad support was damaged and bent down by what i would assume was the motor falling on it. After a few hours with a jack some boards and C clamps i straighted it all out. I then cleaned the MAF and any other electrical components related to the running of the car. Helped a little but not much over all. I then decided that i would spend some time looking at the wideband, what i found was shocking... Merritt's taped on, exposed 12v wire's not covered, butt spices not crimped and MILES of wire just bundled up and shoved into the dash where ever it would fit, wires just twisted together and taped. I found little to no solder in the car at all. During all of this i also realized that the car cover that was suppose to come with the car did not and more importantly the MM Sub frame connectors that were listed in the ad were not installed or in the trunk (i did talk to the owner about compensation but i was so frustarated i decided to just leave it alone)

I set to work on the electrical, i Removed all the old after market Gauges as well as the factory Cluster. I set to work Installing a Full set of Speed Hut Gauges in the car. I had my Tunner (Eric Brooks) disable the Pats for me so the car would run so we could start tunning to see if we could figure out why the car was running so badly. After finishing that (not a small task) i realized that the Alt. was not Charging the car all the time... This was obviously a major issue and more than likley the cause of the car not running right. After removing the alt and having it tested i quickly figured out i may have another electrical issue, once i traced the wires out i found yet another Butt Splice not crimped and lose, once i redid the connection with solder the electrical issue was fixed. I also Removed the clock in favor of putting my Signals, check engine and high beam indicators there instead.

Im now working on the tune with Eric and hope to have the car mostly complete soon. I'll refrain from posting the pictures of the "mess" as it will only just ruin the good feeling im having about finnaly being able to post some pictures.

I know it's not a Real Cobra but i think you'll all forgive me.
Mods list hereWolf Pack Car Club Forum - CND Garage

7924599200_884234956b_b.jpg

7924593416_fcb2330cd9_b.jpg

7924601400_cfc9db95af_b.jpg

7924602566_2540a85369_b.jpg

7967386870_c19a50ee06_b.jpg

7967385252_2b82f0c996_b.jpg

7967389924_d3578c8585_b.jpg

7967388936_ba082466c4_b.jpg

7967387960_c8328a29f4_b.jpg

7924603432_74af8a7258_b.jpg

7924604344_1992bce44d_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Nice car! I wanted this car when it was for sale. Sure seems like a nightmare but glad you're getting everything worked out!!

Sent from my iPhone

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
OMG that is the sexiest representation of an SN95 I have ever seen!!!!!! You chose the best and fastest color, I'm not biased or anything ;)

Sick car, don't ever get rid of it!

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
So you bought that car! Too bad about the electrical issues, but it seems like you have sorted it all out. Keep at it! Its a very nice car!

JP_Stang

Established Member
I remember when this car first went up for sale. Man I wanted that car! Looks really good man! It looks like it's got just about everything you could ever want in one of these cars.

Really nice!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
A whipple & wider tires would be the cheery on top.
looks great!

No need for an expensive Whipple when a ported blower will provide to much power to hook up. Big numbers are cool and all but most people making over 550 are running high 11s and 12s because they can't hook.

Outlaw

Terminated
Established Member
Thanks guys. When I got the car I removed all the cobra badges in favor of the Roush stuff for now. I also got rid of the headlights as they were yellowed and one had filled with water.

I do plan to do a whipple/TVS in the future, I doubt i'll be doing wider tires, there 295's on a 19 by 10.5 inch rim. Not much more room in there for sure.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I remember that car. I thought it was nicer than you described seeing as it had a few magazine features. How do you like the Speedhut gauges? That's what I'm planning for my car. Have any night pics with them lit up?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I really like the 03/04 mirrors on there. How much of the lip from the mirror actually hangs over onto the door?

Users who are viewing this thread