My 2004 Cobra vert VS 2001 corvette vert Z51 package.

YellowCobra28

Established Member
A few months ago I raced an 01 corvette vert with the Z51 package, when my car was bone stock. We were tied when we hit 3rd gear, then a huge semi pulled out in front of us, and we breaked for dear life.

Now about 6 months later, TONIGHT, I raced the same guy. But the only difference is that I did some mods. I have the unported Eaton, but with a 2.93 upper and 4 lower, and KN under the hood. We waited for the light to go green, and off we went. I wheel hoped a bit off the launch. In 1st gear we were tied, in 2nd gear, we were neck and neck still, and then came 3rd gear!!!! I pulled 3 cars on him easily and took the lead. Then it was about half way through the 1/4 or so abouts, when I waived to stop the race. I was paranoid a cop would catch us. Buddy felt the same way so we slowed down and we stopped at the next light. Then buddy says to me "haha I can keep up with you pretty good eh!" I told him that my car still had a lot in her. He said that next time I see him, he will have another 100 horses. We didn't race again after that. The thing that gets me is that his car runs a 12.9 or 13 in the quarter, or so. Thats about the same as our cobras stock. With my mods, I thought for sure I'd take about 10 cars on him, but maybe if it wasn't for the wheel hop and if we actually went the distance, I think my car had a lot in her still. Third gear is fierce on our cars, and who knows what 4th and 5th are like. I haven't opened her up yet to the max, I was nervous letting 3rd go because it was an 80km highway(thats about 50 miles), and we were almost doubling that in a few more seconds. Now I'm installing my nitrous next week. Hey I need all the help I can get to beat a 2006 Z06, if I ever come across it. I need to fix the wheel hop, but its not in the budget right now. My compucar kit didn't cost much, so I opted for more power instead of stability right now. Oh well....

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
in order to run with an 06 z06, first off you're gonna need a KB blower.
vettes go through the quarter so easily, b/c first they are light weight (3060lbs for the z06 and 3160 for the coupe. both of these figures are with 1/4 tank of gas) second, they are sleek. it takes them less effort and power to cut through the wind and third, the vette has a much better and more advanced rear suspension than the cobra which allows them to launch easier.

also if that come back with 100 more hp, he's coming back with a H/C set up, which usually nets them about 430-450rwhp. you're going to need more mods than what you have to run with him. you're most certainly need a ported blower steigmeier blower and more boost, but a nice 30 shot will work.

Users who are viewing this thread