My 2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2023 Corvette. A friend of mine has a 2023 Corvette.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
I saw him at a party and his brother told him about my Shelby and he said he would take me all day. His Corvette is stock, I know it's not a Z06 or Grand Sport, but I'm not sure if it's one of the other performance packages, I didn't ask.

I told him he'd take me from a dig, but I believe I can take him from a roll, especially starting at 50mph.

My car is 650RHP and 620 torque. Had it tuned by Lidio over the summer.

My suspension is stock. Rear end, Lidio "believes" it's a 3.55, but not sure and definitely not stock. I'm actually getting it replaced by him in the spring.

What say you?

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
I saw him at a party and his brother told him about my Shelby and he said he would take me all day. His Corvette is stock, I know it's not a Z06 or Grand Sport, but I'm not sure if it's one of the other performance packages, I didn't ask.

I told him he'd take me from a dig, but I believe I can take him from a roll, especially starting at 50mph.

My car is 650RHP and 620 torque. Had it tuned by Lidio over the summer.

My suspension is stock. Rear end, Lidio "believes" it's a 3.55, but not sure and definitely not stock. I'm actually getting it replaced by him in the spring.

What say you?

It’s not even close from a roll. Here’s my ‘09 GT500 with a trinity swap vs a C8.

Edit: For reference, I put down 570whp/590wtq on a Mustang dyno. YMMV.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Mid engine corvettes come out of the hole HARD. If you dig race, you will lose to the 1/4 mi.

If you roll race, you will demolish him.

Boom GIF

I will add… you “can” beat him out of the hole, but you better be a God damn savage from a dig…. At minimum 1.80 60ft to be able to run him down…

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
Boom GIF

I will add… you “can” beat him out of the hole, but you better be a God damn savage from a dig…. At minimum 1.80 60ft to be able to run him down…

^ Man knows what’s he talking about.

A wot box + a good tire on the street should get the job done. Might be time for a drag pack if dig racing is your race of choice.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
^ Man knows what’s he talking about.

A wot box + a good tire on the street should get the job done. Might be time for a drag pack if dig racing is your race of choice.
Learn something new almost every day.

I didn't know what a WOT box is, now I do.

In other words, it allows you to powershift and reduce the risk of damage to your trans?

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
Learn something new almost every day.

I didn't know what a WOT box is, now I do.

In other words, it allows you to powershift and reduce the risk of damage to your trans?

Yes, sir. There’s some debate on how hard it is on the motor when using it for the 2-step but it is/was a very common mod for no-lift shift. From my knowledge and personal experience, it allows you to power shift and actually made shifting smoother in my experience. The flames between shifts were a nice bonus.

I know the Cobra guys ran them all the time and I had one on my prior 5.0. I actually have one at home waiting to be installed in the Shelby.

Edit: I believe they even advertise it as being easier on your synchros when shifting fast. I can’t prove that’s true with actual data, but it seems true from personal experience.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Yes, sir. There’s some debate on how hard it is on the motor when using it for the 2-step but it is/was a very common mod for no-lift shift. From my knowledge and personal experience, it allows you to power shift and actually made shifting smoother in my experience. The flames between shifts were a nice bonus.

I know the Cobra guys ran them all the time and I had one on my prior 5.0. I actually have one at home waiting to be installed in the Shelby.

Edit: I believe they even advertise it as being easier on your synchros when shifting fast. I can’t prove that’s true with actual data, but it seems true from personal experience.
Awesome, and thanks again.

Back in the day, LOL, I had an 89 LX 5.0. One of my customers was Borg Warner and he gave me a T5 World Class trans that I had installed with a heavy duty clutch and I used to power shift that thing like crazy! I got so good at it, the tach barely moved during shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread