My 5.0L Boss block with 2.9 Whipple build

eaglesnick

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys, unfortunately I haven't been able to drive it much since getting it back with the weather here, but I was actually able to get a slightly better video of the exhaust for those who are interested in hearing the combo.

MVI_0147 - YouTube

Woody6799

Established Member
great build! I am stuck between Big Daddy and Wicked Motorsports as being my go to shop. No that I am doing anything as crazy as you but I would love to hear your input. PM me if you get a chance.

eaglesnick

Established Member
Not quite 18# of boost :). But running 18* of timing. As for a light bar, I like the look, but don't want to cut up the rear quarter panels to install it.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
What pulley combo do you have ? And how much boost would that combo make on a stock long block, sound like you got a good list of parts and they all work together very well for making that power on pump and 17 psi, it take most 22 psi to get there and high octane,

eaglesnick

Established Member
What pulley combo do you have ? And how much boost would that combo make on a stock long block, sound like you got a good list of parts and they all work together very well for making that power on pump and 17 psi, it take most 22 psi to get there and high octane,

My setup is a 2# lower and a 3.5" upper (stock whipple pulley). As for what kind of boost you would see with this setup on a stock motor I would only be guessing, but would think it would be over 22 psi. You have to realize I have a stroked 5.0L Boss block so I essentially have a 5.3L motor and 13/4" headers with my heads ported so my motor really breaths.

Users who are viewing this thread