My 5.0L Boss block with 2.9 Whipple build

eaglesnick

Established Member
very nice progress.
whens initial start up and tuning?

Gabe, as always, I hope this week :beer:

There is still a bit to be done, they have to still finish up some stuff on the top end with the whipple and the intake hasn't been installed yet. Then they have to install Stifflers FIT system then on to the fuel lines and the rest of the exhaust (headers are already in). We have a couple of other things we need to work out from a timing standpoint as well. I have a 3-point strut tower brace that we are going to see if we can modify and allow us to remove the JLT high boost intake pipe without having to remove the entire strut tower brace, but we have to check and see once it's all in if modifying the brace will allow us to remove the tube, if not then I'm just going to have it powder coated and install it. We are also waiting for Stifflers to finish their lower chassis brace to fit the stock K-member and clear headers (their current brace doesn't clear headers), we have already test fitted one of their designs and they needed to tweak a couple of things. Once the chassis brace is done I need to have the chassis brace and spider bracing installed, but I am not going to wait for the chassis brace if the car is done before the brace. The plan is to get the car finished and running and see where we are with the brace, if the brace isn't finished we are going to load a basic tune and set the rev-limiter to about 4k and I'll drive the car a bit to break in the clutch. Once the brace is done I will take it back and have the chassis brace and spider braces installed then back on the dyno to let her rip.

mgmustang1

Established Member
Big daddy is 10 min from me but he wanted $675 to tune my car not including the tuner. You must have paid a fortune with this build!

eaglesnick

Established Member
Big daddy is 10 min from me but he wanted $675 to tune my car not including the tuner. You must have paid a fortune with this build!

This hobby is not cheap at all...

I agree with Mach1033 100% and there is something to be said about getting what you pay for. I have been down this road before and I will tell you Mike and Dwayne take the time to do things right and that costs money.

Last edited:

eaglesnick

Established Member
Latest update:

IMG_0067_zpscbd0afd2.jpg

IMG_0066_zps5ed59f2a.jpg

IMG_0073_zps7b9413cd.jpg

IMG_0070_zps00c35c92.jpg

IMG_0072_zps5d560c12.jpg

GTpower01

Established Member
I have all the parts, just need a free weekend to put them on.... Nothing virtual

May just have everything installed at anderson ford just dont have time haha

free bump

eaglesnick

Established Member
I have all the parts, just need a free weekend to put them on.... Nothing virtual

May just have everything installed at anderson ford just dont have time haha

free bump

Wasn't calling you out, but I am amazed at how many people post that they are doing this build and that build and yet very few are finished, posted or seen. :beer:

GTpower01

Established Member
I hear ya... I bet you most people start the build and then realize how expensive this shit really is.... Ya im doing a 5.0 boss block too by l&m engines... They recommended me a bit higher compression something like 9:1:1 and stock crank... The specifically said dont go aluminum or stroker... stroker shortens the stroke and aluminum heat transfer is bad.... For a long lasting block with minimum problems they said just do a big bore with forged internals... Your a smart man!!! Very Nice Setup!!!! Make sure to post numbers and videos of it on the street when done!! :rockon:

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
I have boss big bore block built motor in my cobra, have about 3k miles on it so far. ordered whipple 2.9 that should be arriving next week or so. I do Agree with you guys building a motor is not cheap...

eaglesnick

Established Member
Getting very close to starting it up, should be next week.

Fuel system almost done:

IMG_9625_zps339cbff7.jpg

Stifflers F.I.T. system:

IMG_0082_zps5d278c06.jpg

IMG_0079_zpsf1349dd5.jpg

Underside:

IMG_0081_zps7ec9d6ce.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread