My 6.2 Raptor and new wheels

SOCOMech

Established Member
I posted something about this in the Raptor section as well but, figured I'd go ahead and put up some pics of it to show off a bit. My truck was recently used as the review truck for pickuptrucks.com and Four Wheeler Magazine, you can see it on pickuptrucks.com now and in the Sep. issue of Four Wheeler. I kept it bone stock for the article and afterwards, put my new Method Race Wheels on and tinted the windows just this morning. So here's a few of it before and after.

During the shoot for the article
IMG_6942.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_7185.jpg
[/IMG]
297.jpg
[/IMG]
306.jpg
[/IMG]

Afterwards with my new wheels finally on
IMG_0526.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0528.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0529.jpg
[/IMG]

And as it sits now with tint
IMG_0533.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0534.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0535.jpg
[/IMG]

Incase anyone's wondering, this thing is the real deal in it's environment. I could not believe how it just ate up and soaked up everything we threw at it. Once in full offrode mode, that engine note echoing off the canyon walls as we flew down the wash at 70+mph was amazing. The 6.2 is worth every penny in my eye. You truly have to take one of these off road and put it through it's paces to truly understand it's place, it's incredible.:rockon:

bakab1010

Established Member
good looking wheels, just picked up my 6.2 identical to yours, cant wait to go offroad tomro with it and try it, the wheels look great man. the 6.2 is like my stang with eh foot of travel ha. raptors are legit tho.. deff worth every penny

Jefe

Established Member
What a bitchin truck!! Price if you dont mind me asking? I was hearing with the markup they could be as high as $80k?

SOCOMech

Established Member
Thanks guys!

good looking wheels, just picked up my 6.2 identical to yours, cant wait to go offroad tomro with it and try it, the wheels look great man. the 6.2 is like my stang with eh foot of travel ha. raptors are legit tho.. deff worth every penny
Sweet! A little advice, make sure you read and follow what the supplement in the owners manual says about using off road mode and not just pressing but holding down the TC button and offroad mode button, you won't be disappointed:beer:
wat size wheels? 35s still?

Stock size.....17x8.5 with just a bit less backspacing and offset, so now they are flush with the fender edges...looks perfect. I just swapped the stock tires over to the new rims.

What a bitchin truck!! Price if you dont mind me asking? I was hearing with the markup they could be as high as $80k?

There are deals to be had out there but, I have seen the few on ebay with 10k markups. I actually got mine through the military car sales program (ENCS). I ordered it while I was still in Iraq as a contractor and picked it up last week. ENCS has the best deal there is, not even the plans give the discount they did.

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
Love the wheels. I'd do something with that exhaust..I was sitting next to one at a stoplight and that setup just looks horrid.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Look great in white. The new wheels compliment it very well, nice pick.

There is a black 6.2 Raptor sitting at one of our local dealers and I must say those trucks are very impressive to look at up close.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
looks awesome!

i want a raptor so bad, i think the wheels look great with the white paint. I would dump the exhaust after the rear axle to clean up the look a bit. .02

Users who are viewing this thread