my 86 coupe

gpsmatt

Established Member
car when i first got it.
coupe%20tow%20yard.jpg

straight 4 cyl auto.

parted out a couple cars along the way to build it many trips up to maximum motorsports in slo.

91 lx cobra brakes first set of springs lca pan hard bar rear end.
036.jpg
040.jpg
048.jpg

sittin on 4 banger stuff.

86 gt convertable rebuilt motor rebuilt trans mm cc plats bilstiens front and rear all the v8 wiring fuel lines gas tank

011.jpg
013.jpg
021.jpg
IMG_0711.jpg
019.jpg
015.jpg

build pics..

013.jpg
005-3.jpg
014-1.jpg
008-2.jpg
019.jpg
001.jpg
005-4.jpg
037.jpg
042.jpg
004-7.jpg
003-4.jpg

dash back in
002-3.jpg

right after it got finished...
IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg
001-2.jpg

right there the car had a kenny brown pan hard bar kenny brown springs 96 gt wheels.. Now it has sn95 a arms griggs pan hard bar replica stern wheels coil overs in the front ta springs in the back running a pm3l

001-3.jpg

(yes too cheep to buy the pics streets of willow 10-24-080

willowgood.jpg
willow7.jpg
willow12.jpg
willow2.jpg
willow5.jpg
025.JPG

Car took me 2.5 months to build was a lot of work but well worth it right now the mods are as follows..

Maximum motorsports stuff- bump steer kit, solid rack bushings, sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, TA springs, front coil overs, cc plates, bilstien hds, clutch cable quadrant adjuster. EVM Tri Link. Griggs Pan Hard Bar. Kenny brown LCA. Bear claw killer fms cobra brake kit, sn95 a arms sn95 rear end w/ 4:30s. Striped interior #2860 with a full tank of gas random 80s ricaro racing seats bone stock 5.0/t-5

this weekend the motor and trans are coming out and going in my 85 gt to make way for a dohc mk8 motor half off weekend at pick your part coming up so gunna go try and find a nice motor next weekend. I have also started making a website for the car www.86coupe.com have not had time to finish it hopefully soon.

Last edited:

Seancass

HELLACIOUS
Established Member
geez, ya on a tight budget? You put a lot of work into that. Looks like a fun car at the track.

SRV1

Established Member
I have an IRS that would look tits in that car! Nice job!!

James

gpsmatt

Established Member
thanks guys. It was a lot of hard work deff way more than if it was a 87 and up but way more worth it in the end. I was/am on a pretty tight budget on the car ive been lucky finding deals on everything so far and I have traded a lot of parts for parts along the road i added it up but i was right around 4 grand spent.

emperorjordan

Established Member
Hell yeah, that car is bad ass... handles more legit than any mustang I have driven... with the 275 RA1s on all corners...

and that red GT in the background... looks like it could be a terminator killer :loser:

gpsmatt

Established Member
wait till you see the unfinished 87 gt 4.6 3v project i am getting tomorrow as a doner vehicle for my mod motor swap into my 86.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
4g's spent for that? I say hats off to you..nice car

quite alot of projects you got going on but obviously you know what you are doing. Nice work and keep us updated on the other car.

gpsmatt

Established Member
thanks guys the car was a lot of hard work but it payed off. Next stage of the build is puting a 3v 4.6 in it i will defiantly keep you all posted.

Users who are viewing this thread