My 90 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

LincolnLSC5pnt0

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I know I know, its nothing for most of you guys with Cobra, but unfortunalty its got to work until I can build up the engine. It has a 302, its stock except for blowmasters. I just got it not to long ago, already did some work to it, Im in the process now of painting it (see before and after pics) I paid a decent price for it, ($150 from mom/step dad, lol) it has 102,000 miles on it, runs great but anyways please let me know what you think about it from the cheap level, ever hear of roll on paint? well this is the paint job that it got, it cost about $50 for what you see..anyways please comment in a constructive form..:)

couple before shots
2a32158e.jpg

d1108d24.jpg

5de47497.jpg

just took these today
100_0346.jpg

100_0350.jpg

100_0344.jpg

100_0342.jpg

I made those clear taillights but Im unsure if I like them, I think its ricey but then again I dont sometimes, I like the stock ones but I dont know, Im messed up in the head, anyways thanks for looking people.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
looks good. roll on paint huh. looks alot better :beer:

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
LincolnLSC5pnt0 said:
I made those clear taillights but Im unsure if I like them, I think its ricey but then again I dont sometimes, .

+1 I hear you. At 1st I thought I didn't like them, but I kept looking and it was ok.

I also like the stock ones. Great pics. She's a boat, but you don't see many on the road now. Looks real good in black. :beer:

LincolnLSC5pnt0

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thanks guy, yea I think Im goijng to put the stock ones back in today or something, yea its a boat, but Ive had these model cars since I got my license so i guess they fit me, thanks for the comments, itll get done sooner or later, prolly later tho..lol

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
My grandmother has an 84 with a smoked motor that I could do whatever I want to with. They are cool cars and comfy as hell. I thought a nice 347 combo would work good. Its black as well.

LincolnLSC5pnt0

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
99cobrablack said:
My grandmother has an 84 with a smoked motor that I could do whatever I want to with. They are cool cars and comfy as hell. I thought a nice 347 combo would work good. Its black as well.

Yea I thought about doing that, shell out all the interior crap and putting new door panels on it and 347 as well. I dont know to much about engine upgrades so I was just gonna do a 351 swap in it, but who knows, I change my mind like a girl... :lol1:

95SC

Banned
Looks allright :banana: ,my brother has 2 98 mark VIIIs LSC,one of them with vortech blower.I'm trowing 4.6 DOHC into one of my birds.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I always liked the Mark 7's! Cool cars!

IMO, ditch the clear tail lights. :p Either put the stockers back in or maybe some smoked tails would be cool (but probably a bit on the illegal side?).

Wonder if clear of smoked headlights are available for your car - they might look good too!

jleews6

Established Member
Back in the early 90s I bought one of them for my wife and it was a great car. I had nitrous on it and it ran like new for 170000 miles. Then we sold it to a local girl and she is still driving it with well over 200K on it.

your car looks good but I could do without the tail lights. If you paint the centers of the wheels black it will look better I think. Nice car!

LincolnLSC5pnt0

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Yea I think Im going to put it back to stock, like I said I dont know if I really like them, but I was bored and have a few sets layin around and figure Id try it, they dont make to many parts for these cars, exterior wise, I was thinking about painting the inside of the rims black also, but thanks for the comments fellas! :)

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
Any more info you could share on the paint process? I read about and saw pics of a guy who painted his Charger that way, and it came out awesome. Did you do it in a sealed garage??

JDH

piratespeed
Established Member
Dude I phuckin love those cars! I had an '88 LSC for my first car, it was great, never should have sold it.
I'm not a big fan of the clear taillights, but there is a mod you can do to make the red taillights look like new ones, go to www.fordvschevy.com then go to th Hot Rod Lincolns sections, it's all Mark VII guys. If you search for 'taillights' there's a detailed How To in there.

Good luck with the car, it's an awesome platform.. plus a 5speed swap is simple :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread