my 97 gt track times and dyno sheet

skatermckimm

4.6 ohc
Established Member
Had a local shop install a 2003 gt motor in my 97gt a few weeks ago, they talked me into letting them degree the cams 4 degrees, don't know if I like it or not since it dosent rev out like a normal pi motor should, but great torque down low.....anyways, brought the car to VMP to get tuned for my 150 shot. car is bone stock besides the 150 shot and mufflers of course.

dynosheet_zpseaaa78ba.jpg

car made good power, wish would have got the AFR alittle better up high but its a safe tune I was told.

so went to the track today and managed to pull this on street tire, OSW has come along way with prep, very happy

F462C423-A80D-4C19-B3D3-BEF5EBA5A06C_zpsgcynbtji.jpg

I think with a little more tuning and some cooler weather, it was baking hot out today! it may have a 12.0/11.9x

skatermckimm

4.6 ohc
Established Member
auto car....yes I feel safe with this size of a shot, with the proper tune it should last just fine as long as I respect it, like any car with a power adder......yes this is just a fun car, I have a 2014 Altima as a daily, but that dosent mean that I don't care if it blows, I spent the money on a good solid kit, switched out fuel pumps to make sure there will always be enough fuel, and made sure to get a strong tune.

Bite u

Established Member
couple questions... what kinda plug are you running spraying that kinda shot? how much timing did they pull? it looks like the cam degreeing hurt you hp, but has tons of torque...

anyways that nitrous tune looks pretty fat or rich.. and that can actually hurt the motor.. do a little research on it.. but nitrous likes to b run lean! honestly most of the big name guys are running there nitrous tunes as lean as a motor tune.

on my little 75 (.046 n2o jet) my car made little over 80 wheel and almost 150 ft lbs with br7ef plugs and 4 or 5 degrees of timing pulled to b on the safe side... if the timing isnt there it wont detonate, have em lean it out a little more. trust me ;)

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
A converter, long tubes,off-road x-pipe,pulley's, 3.73's, drag radials, tune,and good air and it can get close to that on motor with a little weight reduction. As for plugs I'd put some tr6's in it and you'll be good! I love to see good running 2v cars,they're always underestimated!

Prototype007

Established Member
Nice numbers and time slip OP!

That kind of TQ numbers will really car that car down the track with a set of tires and coming off the line on the spray with a stock/tight converter!

01SilverGt

Established Member
wow, I'm dumb founded with those numbers you made. I only made 370/390 SAE I had full exhaust, cams and ported heads and a 125 shot. Maybe it was my single disc stall at the time was slipping. Your car with just mufflers dyne around 220wheel/230 torque. So you picked up 250 wheel torque off a 150 shot? Thats crazy. Your tune looks like crap by the way, your af should be around 12:1 through the pull.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
I think with DRs you might be close to a 12.0. That's VERY impressive. And]y plans for bolts ons?

Stang Lover

Established Member
Dang that's alot of torque for a 150.Great numbers and 1/4 time I know you were impressed with everything.

skatermckimm

4.6 ohc
Established Member
sorry I haven't commented, I was super impressed with the numbers and track times.

i had plans for full bolt ons and see how far i can push it.....but then decided it was time to do a swap, so motor has been sold, tranny is currently up for sale, and doing an ls base swap

Prototype007

Established Member
sorry I haven't commented, I was super impressed with the numbers and track times.

i had plans for full bolt ons and see how far i can push it.....but then decided it was time to do a swap, so motor has been sold, tranny is currently up for sale, and doing an ls base swap

Well that's disappointing to hear...

Users who are viewing this thread