my 98 cobra vs 97 cobra and 02 ws6

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Cool video man. Always wondered how my car would look n/a racing. I live over in Destin, we should meet up sometime. That road looks awesome for racing. I also have a Dr.Gas o/r x pipe with mils ready to bolt up to a stock header 96-98 cobra, sounds amazing. If your intrested.

Last edited:

ghost96gt

Shoot to Thill
Established Member
awsome man. damn i h8 ws6 they are so fast :( all being relative what would a sn95 bra need to hang with a ws6?

Last edited:

LordofChaos

My WS6 sucks
Established Member
thanks for postin the vid.

shes got a lot more in it.

ghost96gt... generally speakin u need a lot more than what he (sellinger) has to beat a WS6 with any mods. I have very light mods... and I botched the launch pretty bad, because I was worried about spinnin.

a stock one would be a good run for the cobra from a roll (the ws6 being a lil faster) but from a dig the cobra would walk out too far on the ws6 for it to ever catch up like I did.

VEE EIGHT

Banned
ghost96gt said:
awsome man. damn i h8 ws6 they are so fast :( all being relative what would a sn95 bra need to hang with a ws6?

Power-wise you can get an SN95 Cobra up to stock LS1 power levels without much trouble....but racing doesn't solely come down to HP. If a 99 Cobra can pull 3-4 cars on an SRT8 300C and hold them to 100mph with just gears and exhaust, I dont see why an SN95 Cobra can't do the same to a regular 'ol LS1 :shrug:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Check my sig for the LS1 beating recipe. That's of course with the stock Cobra motor. The MRK8 has a little less in the cams as far as the top end charge is concerned. The problem with LS1s is they have a great 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear. You don't want too much gear in the Cobra for a freeway roll. But, to each his own.

LordofChaos

My WS6 sucks
Established Member
an ls1s weak gear is DEFINETLY 1st unless it has gears (3.73s or lower), then well... 1st isnt really an issue.

Depends on what year ls1 you are referring to as well, the 01-02s run a lot stronger than the 98-00s.

not hatin on the cobras at all, i like em.

Users who are viewing this thread