My 9sec TT Terminator

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Finally cracked off a 9 with my TT Cobra yesterday, 9.75 @ 145. Pretty cool to have a single digit street car that is driven and beaten on A LOT! This run was 21 lbs boost and on the footbrake as I don't have a transbrake. It was very cold, mid 40's so turning it up was futile. Next year I'm stepping up to some Billet Specialties 15x10's and 325/50's and see if we can crack a low 9 or high 8.

[video=youtube_share;0nNI7HVlRgc]http://youtu.be/0nNI7HVlRgc?list=UU-ocuvXiE4bUunUc59VEnJg[/video]

timeslip_zps9a41ac15.jpg

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Thanks, I'm considering a transbrake but not sure. My tranny builder says I'll need some upgrades if we do it. I only drag race it a couple times a year, it's mostly street raced lol. It's not even close to being 9 sec legal.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Very nice, wish I woulda known there were some cobra guys up that way. I still need to get into the single digits as well!

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Very nice, wish I woulda known there were some cobra guys up that way. I still need to get into the single digits as well!
This was a private track rental we have every year called The Midway Shootout. Look it up on Facebook next year if you remember, I think cars not local to the Twin Cities need to get an OK from the guy that runs it to come and run. What's your best time?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
good for you.....congrats. That's a hell of a car you have there

If I had tons of money, I'd build mine the same way yours is....reliable, fast and able to be driven to the track for a 9 second pass then head home. Props for you for keeping the street manners.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
This was a private track rental we have every year called The Midway Shootout. Look it up on Facebook next year if you remember, I think cars not local to the Twin Cities need to get an OK from the guy that runs it to come and run. What's your best time?

Gotcha, I noticed it was at CFR which is the track I usually go to as it is the closest and thought it was just a test and tune day or something.

Last year I ran a 10.3 @ 138 (IRS, 6-speed, 22psi, and on 17" wheels). This year I went up with the goal to dip down into the 9's (Same setup as before only with 25psi and about 180lbs lighter) but the rear diff. took a crap the first run of the day and I haven't been able to go back up since :nonono:

That is a killer run especially with footbrake and you're wheel/tire combo! With the 15's and on the brake that baby will really scream! Congrats again man!

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Thanks guys, appreciate it. It's been a long road with this car to get it so it's pretty reliable and fast. Cost a lot of damn money I'll tell you that.

And yeah I know I lost the race, it was test n tune so no biggie lol. I was trying to get that 9 before it was time to go.

Jefe

Established Member
Very nice!

And holy hell that S197 was moving

Users who are viewing this thread