my baby's supercharged now!

blksunshine97

Established Member
I got my cobra back a month ago and have been in the process of movin, so haven't had access to a computer. Shawn Ellis at SoCal Diablo put together a custom package for my car. With vortech S-trim/aftercooler, a Lightning MAF, 42 lb injectors new fuel pumps, totally after market exhaust,new chip and a safe tune; she dynoed out at 465 rwhp/397 lbs of torque! Way more than I expected for a stock motor. I know some SVT performance subscribers have mixed opinions about Shawn Ellis. Please no bashers on this thread. He did a great job on the tune and install. I would definately let him work on my car again.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I wish i had a supercharger:( very cool man, be careful in that beast. You goin to the track anytime soon? i wanna see some times.

blksunshine97

Established Member
my daily car is a saturn. Right now I'm easing into the Cobra, I just got used to driving her naturally aspirated. Now with all the mods it's like driving a totally new car. So it will be a while before I hit the track. As for pics I'm going to try to hook it up with a pic of the dyno sheet. Shawn did it in 2 runs. the 1st dyno was 440 rwhp, he tweeked it and 2nd was the 465, I told him I wanted a safe tune nothing crazy that blow my motor. He claims he had his friend's 98 pushing 511 rwhp with a stock motor, but of course that's taking it to the max. I told him that I wanted something just to give her some extra ponies to have fun with nothing crazy, I'll hold out for the 2006 Cobras to have something insanely fast!

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by StangsN4x4S
i need 465 hp

is that all? :D

blksunshine97: that's totally awesome man! I'm happy for ya! superchargers are nice!!!

built motor or stock?

Mystic1199

Established Member
those are some nice numbers , i got a vortech on mine and some other mods and i am only doing 408 and 335 .. i need a new tune i think

juiced96snake

BOSS 2511
Established Member
I cant wait till the day I bolt one on to my car. I think I will go with a vortech too. I had the displeasure of installing a vortech kit on a 99 Civic SI. His kit had missing pieces and was a total whore to put on.

Did you help with the install at all?

97cobraheaven

Established Member
its gotta be nice to know that nothin on the street can hang with you unless it is balistic! it is gonna be a great feeling when a ricer or an SS pulls up next to you and you can just walk them, and they just have no idea!

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
nice very nice. maybe ill let my pockets open up enough for a blower one day. i was thinking maybe 500 rwhp but 1000 would be nice:beer:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by 97cobraheaven
its gotta be nice to know that nothin on the street can hang with you unless it is balistic! it is gonna be a great feeling when a ricer or an SS pulls up next to you and you can just walk them, and they just have no idea!

with that much power, i'd be pissed if i "walked" away from any n/a car.

Users who are viewing this thread