My bada$$ 2000 Mustang build....

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Ok we're back at work this week making a few upgrades on the car....
- We ordered the insulation for the fuel lines
- New Drag radials will be here tomorrow
- Fixed our bump steer issue, the car was toe-ing out very bad
- Started designing a fuel cooler, right now we're going to have an external one that you can use in the pits
- We pulled the trans lines and are moving them away from the fuel feed lines
- Pulled the oil pressure sender and its our 2nd killed sensor.
- New fuel tank vent coming

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
This is the greatest thread on SVTP. You not only built one of THE sickest cars ever, you are actually USING it.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Got some more progress today, Shawn from VA Speed Donated a set of Magnum Trojan Rubber for the back, got them mounted today and they fit even better than the old ones. Found a couple of pics from Friday...

IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

Magnum XL Rubber AKA Mickey Thompson 315/60/15s Courtesy of Virginia Speed
IMG_1705.JPG

Area we need to trim with the grinder and a sanding wheel, need to just skim it back
IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

Sickness23

Jaegermeister Racing
Established Member
damn. ****in shoe horned! lol. hands down best project ive seen in the last few years. congrats!

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Yeah you ain't telling me nothing. We had to shorten the lower control arms 8 or 10 turns to get the wheels centered in the wheel wells and there is little to no room. ;)

Sickness23

Jaegermeister Racing
Established Member
looks sick though! those tires are "bad dude" shit! get someone to shoot some real nice video of your car, its definitely worthy!! good luck, lets see some 7.40s on those bad boys!!

J

95mmRenegade

Established Member
We went down to MIR today for a Test and tune day with our Drag radial LSx Mustang. Temps were hot, mid 90s until the rain came. After the rain came temps settled down to the mid 80s. Track was not the best it could have been but it was good. They sprayed it and drug it once maybe twice. Anywho last week at the track we made 2 passes on low boost:
8.2 @ 178
8.1 @ 170

We had issues with the TPS but its fixed now. Fast forward to today our first pass was ugly. Car pulled HARD to the left and ended up cutting the edge of the driver tire pretty good but its still useable That pass was a
5.72 @ unknnown MPH

Second run we adjusted the suspension and raised the back the car car up 3 turns and ran the same setup. That pass was alittle faster but the car still bogged out of the hole, not enough power with the bigger tires.
1.40 60'
5.40 @ 139mph 1/8 mile

We knew we needed more power so we raised the launch RPM 100 RPMs and brought alittle more boost in quicker and the time slip definitely showed it.
1.38 60'
5.23 @ 146mph 1/8 mile

That run we knew we had a 7.99 in the car if we had ran it out and the A/F was right. So for the last pass we added alittle more boost and brought it in alittle faster in what is a very soft tuneup. We were hoping the car went a 7.90 maybe an 7.80. Shawn from VA Speed lined me up and I staged the car, moved in quick and grabbed the transbrake. Car settled down, pro tree came on and I was out. Shawn said the car left VERY lazy, didn't pick up the front wheels at all. He said he had a bad feeling about the pass until we lit up the score board.....
1.39 60'
5.01 @ 150 1/8 mile
7.6 @ 188.7 1/4

The A/F on that pass was still in the high 10s and we still have timing left on the table. The tuneup was still very soft, the car didn't start to move until 330'. Looks like the LSx world just got another mid 7 second drag radial contender. Next time out we're shooting for 7.40s @ 195 and we're all expecting to get it.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Man I really need to take a step back and thank some people.

Shawn Miller from Virginia Speed - We got our Precision turbo from Shawn man I can't say enough about him. Shawn has made the 3 hour trip every time we've gone to the track to give us a hand with the tune-up/chassis setup. Shawn is just a great guy, the first time he came down he brought his Wife and Children. He came up saturday for a sunday track rental and after finally meeting him words can't describe this guy. He asked where was a good hotel that his family could stay and we didn't even think twice and offered his family to stay at our home. Shawn looked at his wife and said "Do people like this really exist anymore?" Well brother I can't say thanks enough for all the hard work, dedication and late hours we worked a couple nights. I owe you alot.

Brian Sanford - Crew Chief/assistant - Brian has been a long time friend for some time and he has the same passion for turbocharged WHATEVER. Tractors, cars, trucks... if its turbocharged he is on it. Thanks for all the help and support at the track.

Jason @ Texas Speed - We got a bulk of our parts from Jason, this is our 2nd big build we have used him and he gets the parts out quick at a decent price.

Dan/Dave Wolfe @ Wolfe Racecraft - Thanks guys for the 25.5 chassis kit we never thought we would be weighing at 3150 without ballasts but we did.

Brian Jeffery(MADMAN and Co Racing) - Brian got us hooked up with a Fire surpression system and a couple small things and a TON of knowledge. Thanks for taking the time to help and get our combo sorted out.

Kurt Urban(Kurt Urban Performance) - Thanks for the support through the middle leg of the build and getting us pointed in the right direction with the motor. The top end setup does not push any water and the custom camshaft does everything you said it would. Thanks again man!

Mike Thompkins(T & G Performance) - Mike is a local engine builder that build everything from Ford/Dodge/Chevy powerplants. Mike did all of our Machine work on the LSx block and made a couple parts on the lathe and mill. Mike also supplied us with our Wayne Rogers Powerglide.

Joe Simpson(Tempest Racing) - Joe is a guy we've known for a while he is big into imports but loves turbochaged race-cars. He opened his shop many hours they were closed so we could use the dyno and get the tuneup dialed in. Thanks man!

Brian Brown(Quick Time Motorsports) - Thanks for the Intercooler, tank and misc v-bands.

Bob/Brant Romero(B & R Welding Supplies) Thanks for the Miller Tig, Mig and plasma cutter and all the shielding gas I could ever use.

Sickness23

Jaegermeister Racing
Established Member
you'll be in the 40s quick style! I knew a post like that was coming! congrats guys!

95mmRenegade

Established Member
The best part of the deal is everything we did the car responded EXACTLY how it should and we made calculated changes and the car responded accordingly. Thanks guys!

musclefan21

Established Member
7.6@188mph OMFG!!!! dude you have done an amazing job. hot link this thread to every single god damn car forums people!! :rockon:

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, the mod motors are nice....but I gotta give credit where it is due. The LSX platform right now is just plain sick with the support they are getting. I am amazed at the power people are making on these things. Cheers for and awesome..no...AWESOME build that spanned such a short time it made my head spin! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread