SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
Wow, very impressive write up and good work. :beer:

Can't wait to see the finished product. :rockon:

408GT

8 second club
Established Member
Very nice build man!! Keep us posted. I can't wait to see the start up video either!!

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
that was awesome....very interesting write up

im glad i clicked this thread:beer:

95mmRenegade

Established Member
Monday:
- My dad dropped off the fenders so I could finish welding the extension pieces that replace the plastic piece
- Kurt got my BS3 back with the racepak conversion
- Pushrods came in but were ordered incorrectly, my buddy Chris is handling the situtation. We've got some 3/8" .145 wall ball/cup deals on the way
- Finished lightening work on both doors
- Started working on the oiling feed modication for the turbo, basically had the factory LS6(05+) pan milled and I am adding aluminum to bring it back to the shape that we need to clear the custom wheel to wheel accusump fitting.
- Started the design process to switch over to a dry sump, we're having a pan custom made by Stef's.

Bullet_WS6

Established Member
Monday:
- My dad dropped off the fenders so I could finish welding the extension pieces that replace the plastic piece
- Kurt got my BS3 back with the racepak conversion
- Pushrods came in but were ordered incorrectly, my buddy Chris is handling the situtation. We've got some 3/8" .145 wall ball/cup deals on the way
- Finished lightening work on both doors
- Started working on the oiling feed modication for the turbo, basically had the factory LS6(05+) pan milled and I am adding aluminum to bring it back to the shape that we need to clear the custom wheel to wheel accusump fitting.
- Started the design process to switch over to a dry sump, we're having a pan custom made by Stef's.

can i get a pic of under the car in the front to see oil pan clearance etc... like how far everything is off the ground?:coolman:

95mmRenegade

Established Member
DUDE... nice thats all i can say...
i got "plans" to build an lsx bow tie dragster out of a v6 camaro... similar deal but i think im going nitrous route

Sounds like a sick combination. I'd go with the latest dry technology if I were to build another nitrous combo.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
haha your own project Heretic? haha. Looks f en awesome man.

Kurt and W2W are awesome people to work with. As you can see they built my 427 LS7 motor for me. Best experience ive had with a tuner.

:lol: Thats crazy. I started the project and it was no less than 2 months later I saw the Project Heretic on NMRAtv. I love that body style and the overall combo the crew @ w2w put together.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
whoaaaa wait a minute, i want to see your car...

and damn nice project man, ive planned a few like it lately(not so extreme) but my damn friends and family dont show any support and always tell me its a stupid idea and to start with a running vehicle, one day when ive got a shop, some more tools and more enthusiastic friends im gonna do the same thing, goodluck and i cant wait to see it finished.

The biggest thing is you just have to commit to doing it. The last year has been tough but its worth every minute and I'm not even done with the car yet.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
I'll definitely have a startup video and track outtings with all the digital coverage we need. I've got a handful of people that are going to help get this car ready to take on the local drag radial class and hopefully put up some respectable times also.

95mmRenegade

Established Member
I haven't said it over here but Sponsors really make projects like this happen. Without the help of:

Jason & Trevor @ Texas-speed.com
www.texas-speed.com

Kurt Urban @ W2Wpowertrain.com
www.w2wpowertrain.com

Mike Tompkins @ T & G Performance

Chris @ Stef's Fabrication Specialties
www.stefs.com

Dave & Dan @ Wolfe Race Craft
www.wolferacecraft.com

Rob @ Jesel Valvetrain
www.jesel.com

Marty @ Neal Chance Racing Converters
www.racingconverters.com

Craig and Cary @ ET Performance Cylinder heads
www.etheads.com

Jose @ Forced Inductions.com
www.forcedinductions.com

Brian @ Quick Time Motorsports
http://www.quicktimemotorsports.net/

Bob & Brent Romero @ BR Welding Supplies
www.brwelder.com

Last edited:

Bullet_WS6

Established Member
Sounds like a sick combination. I'd go with the latest dry technology if I were to build another nitrous combo.

thank.. unfortunately with budget not faryet... probably wont be race ready for another 5 years or so... im going for full tub with slicks in the back... but i will have a set up ready for dr class as well... after all i would get ate alive against the other good ol boys with slicks... im aiming for just around 800rwhp all block and around 1000ish w/ the bottle... should not be too hard... just lots of money

TT SaLeEn

Established Member
What the fock are you focking serious!!! That is just insane.. This is the best thread and longest I have ever seen.. 95mmRenegade you are very talented Man. Keep up the great work and keep us posted.. Man I cant wait for the start up vid..

Users who are viewing this thread