My blown c6z VS 2020 GT500

q6543

Established Member
I swear i just saw a vid of a stock GT500 running 11.6s not a misprint.

Driver error i guess.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
GT500 definitely sucks balls . Car has 3 mods and it beat built HCI 7.0 liter engine C6Z with 150shot, drag wheels and 1000lb lighter,.
Stayed right there with built HCI 7.0 liter engine with aftermarket supercharger , drag wheels and 1200lb weight advantage .
What a horrible performing car, with 3 simple mods it couldn't beat fully built lighter cars with 7.0 liter engines

This gt500 will lose to a proper n/a c6z h/c like red car making 636whp only on drag pack with a good driver. U really forgetting to add this is a Dct car, racing two vettes with no driver mod on this video

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
This gt500 will lose to a proper n/a c6z h/c like red car making 636whp only on drag pack with a good driver. U really forgetting to add this is a Dct car, racing two vettes with no driver mod on this video
That is physics. 4.8 vs 6 lbs/hp.

I am amused at both camps complying and saying one is better. When it is very blatant even with drag rims and wheels the vehicles running can’t hook! 3k hp and 1k lbs weight means nothing without traction.

nxhappy

Established Member
heavy pigs are hard to make fast ...lol

BoostedVette

Established Member
This was just a fun comparison. I was having traction issues but nonetheless I’m a huge fan of the new gt500 and mustangs in general so no hate from me lol there will be a rematch

MG0h3

Established Member
I know we all measure cars based on highway races and et/trap speeds, but has anybody looked at what this car can do when it’s on the type of track it’s designed for?

Randy Pobst ran it against a 911 GT3RS. Came in .02 seconds behind the Porsche.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

72SBC

Established Member
No one cares. This is America. We measure everything in 1/4 and top speed. People buy gt350r then put autos and turbos in them to drag race and freeway speed. We don’t care about cone racing.

blk02edge

Established Member
No one cares. This is America. We measure everything in 1/4 and top speed. People buy gt350r then put autos and turbos in them to drag race and freeway speed. We don’t care about cone racing.
Very narrow minded, you are also very wrong, scca/nasa and private road courses are getting more and more popular. And who TF races top speed? Almost nobody

72SBC

Established Member
Right that’s why all the ZR1 vids out there are of them drag racing and freeway rolls. Air strip racing doesn’t exist apparently according to you.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Very narrow minded, you are also very wrong, scca/nasa and private road courses are getting more and more popular. And who TF races top speed? Almost nobody

LOL

I’d honestly say 90% of all road course oriented performance cars spend much more time racing in a straight line than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Makes me feel good that I will be able to beat some ass in event I come across one.
LOL

I’d honestly say 90% of all road course oriented performance cars spend much more time racing in a straight line than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drag Times exhibit A. I like his channel but SMH that the best thing that he and his buddies can do with their FGTs, 720s, Weissach GT2 RSs, Lambos, etc is go in a straight line.

blk02edge

Established Member
Right that’s why all the ZR1 vids out there are of them drag racing and freeway rolls. Air strip racing doesn’t exist apparently according to you.
Kind of like all the thousands of people who do road course dont exist according to you? Yea, most people do freeway rolls but considering there's negative skill involved, who cares... Lazy way to be a car guy

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I swear i just saw a vid of a stock GT500 running 11.6s not a misprint.
Driver error i guess.
I'm going to venture "driver error" as well.
They were probably not in DRAG or TRACK mode. I think to take full potential of the car, it's fastest using the paddles because of the DCT. Again, I'm guessing here.

72SBC

Established Member
Kind of like all the thousands of people who do road course dont exist according to you? Yea, most people do freeway rolls but considering there's negative skill involved, who cares... Lazy way to be a car guy

Not everyone is prepared to buy a set of tires and brakes, Then tow their rig to spend $250+ To run 5 laps at Laguna in group B with no passing or fly off the track on turn 6 at thunder hill. Drag racing and even air strip attack is cheaper and more accessible to more people. Not everyone has spec miatas or GT3’s ya know. I agree with you to a point but you have to be realistic. People are not tracking their CTS-V carbon editions, they take it here and there to the drag strip or go speed around with their buddy’s.

MG0h3

Established Member
Not everyone is prepared to buy a set of tires and brakes, Then tow their rig to spend $250+ To run 5 laps at Laguna in group B with no passing or fly off the track on turn 6 at thunder hill. Drag racing and even air strip attack is cheaper and more accessible to more people. Not everyone has spec miatas or GT3’s ya know. I agree with you to a point but you have to be realistic. People are not tracking their CTS-V carbon editions, they take it here and there to the drag strip or go speed around with their buddy’s.

Then why buy this car? This car keeps up with a GT3 on a road course. I mean I know people are going to do their highway pulls in it but the people judging the car on that are missing the point.

There isn’t a car we’ve seen it race on the freeway that would keep up through the first corner, which again, is what this car was designed for.

Gotta go though, headed down to the Harley dealer to buy a stunt bike.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72SBC

Established Member
Harleys make awesome stunt bikes actually. Some local boys here, they make some rad vids.

blk02edge

Established Member
All I did was call out a ridiculous statement saying "who cares" fact is, plenty do, head over to the 6G site and there's a 95 page argument over C8 vs 500 lap times. I cant argue that majority of people race straight line and go to cars and coffee but the lefty/righty stuff is bigly popular. If its something you followed you'd understand. I don't follow drag racing so in my world its almost non existant. Doesn't mean its not popular.

Ill bet ya road course is 20X more popular than air strip racing

Users who are viewing this thread