My Bolt on 3V vs BMW 335i (Sedan)

SuperSlow3v

Established Member
3 valve mustangs are known to be not very fast. But for a bolt on car I would say mine runs better then most. (still slower then a stock 5.0) A friend of mine in college who owned a super charged range rover recently traded it in for 335i sedan straight six twin turbos. He Has been talking smack to me how fast it is, how much better his interior is, blah blah blah. He finally made a trip down to our home town and I knew he was going to ask me to run his car. He tweets me and says let's run them. (I'm young) I say I probably shouldn't my tires are near bald. He calls me a name, next thing you know we are on our way to meet at a lowes on the outskirts of town haha. I check out the car and it is super nice. Paddle shifters, GPS, heated seats. I told him to follow him out to an abandon highway. I also tell him we can do a quick run from 65 on the way out. I let him honk and we are off. We hang neck and neck as I bang threw gears his nose is at my door when we finally shut it off. Domestic 1 import 0. We pull over and he is super happy about the run. I tell him we can roll race from 20 and 40. We line up I heat my tires up a little bit he honks twice fast and anticipating the third honk I leave early. Slow down and he said his hand got caught in the paddle shifter lol. We start from a roll again the honks are clean this time. I hear the turbos spool up and I floor it. He was behind me before I knew what happened quickly putting 3 lengths on him we shut it off at around 135. We pull over and He's still smiling as was I great runs and it's always nice to whoop really expensive cars!

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
Is his car stock? Either way seems like a good kill, although they have the same horsepower from the factory as your car if I'm not mistaken. Tuned they are crazy. Nice runs though, do you just have the usual intake, tune, exhaust?

SuperSlow3v

Established Member
Pretty much long tubes, x pipe, gears short shifter, U/D pullies, tune. The car runs great for what it is. His cars stock Except for some exhaust work I think.

sono

Established Member
Enjoy that kill until he discovers tuning. I had a 10 vert with a factory installed Dinan kit. Stage 1 was 80hp and 120 pounds of torque. It was basically just a $2500 tune, but it turned the tables on the street. Especially top end. It will due much more with an upgraded heat exchanger.
Using your 5.0 comparison. The M3 is pretty even with the 5.0. The Dinan was pretty even with the M3. So that's the math. Dinan was like a roush tune. Factory ish and very conservative. More boost= more speed.

Nice kill.

kaz109

Established Member
Wait wait...3 series BMW's are really expensive cars??? Lol

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wait wait...3 series BMW's are really expensive cars??? Lol
I agree lol They can be somewhat expensive to some but not REALLY expensive lol

Good kill OP but the reason for the price was said in your post
He Has been talking smack to me how fast it is, how much better his interior is, blah blah blah. I check out the car and it is super nice. Paddle shifters, GPS, heated seats
Also you cannot hear the turbo’s on a stock 135/335/535 etc even less with exhaust especially over your setup.

SL0W5.0

Established Member
Very nice. Seems kinda douchey for him to come up to you and say his interior is nicer and car is faster... So well deserved win.

Like it has been mentioned above, when he tunes it it's game over. I have seen a couple run 12's on street tires at at track and was beat by one when I was stock.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
I agree lol They can be somewhat expensive to some but not REALLY expensive lol

Good kill OP but the reason for the price was said in your post

Also you cannot hear the turbo’s on a stock 135/335/535 etc even less with exhaust especially over your setup.

Well that explains why nobody can do their own work on this really expensive BMW 3 series! Lol

Speedboosted

Established Member
Very nice. Seems kinda douchey for him to come up to you and say his interior is nicer and car is faster... So well deserved win.

Like it has been mentioned above, when he tunes it it's game over. I have seen a couple run 12's on street tires at at track and was beat by one when I was stock.

When I was running my car all stock, there was one there that was tuned and a couple other minor things. Didn't get to talk to him about what exactly was done but just heard from someone who had just talked to him.

I got to line up against him twice, I got him both runs mainly because of my better reaction times. He said that he spun trying to catch up off the line. If I remember correctly I ran a 12.50 @ 118 and 12.65 @ 117 to his identical 12.8's @ 114. That car was very impressive to me.

Unfortunately he hasn't shown back up since I got the mods on.

BlueSnake01, what does your car run?? The 335i

Last edited:

SuperSlow3v

Established Member
Well to the expensive comment. I'm in high school still and I paid for my car myself by working in the oilfield on a waiver haha. Too me it is expensive. To most adults it is not! In comparison to my car ! He's planning a jb4 soon. I'm also piecing together a pro charger build. I know I don't stand a chance with a tune! Also I have been on a dyno and I made 335 ft lbs of torque. Need forced induction

04sonicbeast

Established Member
I ran a douche university kid in a 335 sedan a few months ago from 30mph. He had a tune and intake and in had my 12' GT manual stock, put about a bus length on him then stopped at about 100. His excuse was that his intake tube came off which I doubt, kid pulled over and called his tuner to see what happened and told me that he had just beaten a 5.0 mustang.

MineralCobra

Established Member
Those cars are no joke with full bolt ons. There is a guy around here with a 135I full bolt on running e85 basically killing everything he runs. Turbo is an amazing thing.. tune exhaust and you gain some insane #s.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
I have a Terminator swapped 96 GT making 13.5 lbs. My 335i Auto is a full bolt on car except for downpipes running 30% e85. The 335i is as fast or faster than the GT. I was blown away how much power these cars make, especially when you run some e85.

daves03svt

Established Member
Hang on a minute. Your bolt on 3v, with maybe 300rwhp is trapping 118mph? That's a higher trap than the 580hp ZL1 and 550hp Shelby gt500, as well as a 15+ mph increase over a stock 3v. Those are some magical bolt ons. Unless you are hiding a bit shot of giggle gas and not telling us, I call bs. I do believe you beat a 335, but don't go too crazy with your claims lol.

clc44

Established Member
Hang on a minute. Your bolt on 3v, with maybe 300rwhp is trapping 118mph? That's a higher trap than the 580hp ZL1 and 550hp Shelby gt500, as well as a 15+ mph increase over a stock 3v. Those are some magical bolt ons. Unless you are hiding a bit shot of giggle gas and not telling us, I call bs. I do believe you beat a 335, but don't go too crazy with your claims lol.

That guy has a gt500. Not the op.

Users who are viewing this thread