My California Highway Patrol Car. Pics I took Today.

SparkSVT

Established Member
Took a couple pics of my ongoing project car today. Check em out.:pop:

12-9-08013.jpg

12-9-08026.jpg

12-9-08027.jpg

Shackleford

Established Member
Pretty cool.... So I guess it's legal to drive around like that? I've seen cars around that have a sign saying "not in service" do you have to have some shit like that?

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Nice job.....can you run the streets with the stickers? I was going to buy a Black/Tan FHP car from Georgia 8 years ago when I lived in Florida. DMV and FHP said I could not drive it on the freeways....I think it was all BS

SparkSVT

Established Member
I trailer the car to shows ect. Car was not so clean when I bought it though. It was a bit of a mess. Im still not done with it yet. Hope to have it done over the winter. You can see the whole restoration process here Public Home | SparkSVT | Fotki.com

The car served out of the Santa Cruz Area office of the CHP from 1993-1998. It was car #5305.

Florida has a strict law about driving a car in their paint scheme. They are very tough on it. Even without FHP decals on it the paint scheme alone is a violation.

SRV1

Established Member
I trailer the car to shows ect. Car was not so clean when I bought it though. It was a bit of a mess. Im still not done with it yet. Hope to have it done over the winter. You can see the whole restoration process here Public Home | SparkSVT | Fotki.com

The car served out of the Santa Cruz Area office of the CHP from 1993-1998. It was car #5305.

Florida has a strict law about driving a car in their paint scheme. They are very tough on it. Even without FHP decals on it the paint scheme alone is a violation.

So you bought a car that you can't drive? That sucks! Nice car though!

James

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Awesome ride man. My 91 was a former highway patrol car but its been converted over for the most part. I'd love to have an original though even if I couldn't drive it!

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
makes me miss my 85 SSP notch. car was clean and had 91 interior and electronics.

good lookin car

Users who are viewing this thread