My car is a POS.....

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
Well today I put on the "oem" pass. side fender that I got off a black 98 Cobra...(my old one was that fake sh*t)

Well it doesn't fit right at all....When I put the 96 Cobra hood on I have a gap about 1/4" in the back and in the front it barely closes...Not to mention it doesn't even match the door pillar molding lol..

MY car was hit once before on the passenger side....My front bumper doesn't line up, it's missing the rivets and sags, the whole front end is shot I think..

I'm debating selling it and getting a black or teal 93 Cobra...

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Take it to a couple of body shops and get a quote on what they would charge to get everything lined up. It might be worth it in the long run.

Hockeyman48

Established Member
You know you can align that fender! You just have to be in a non pissed off frame of mind.Have a beer, relax while your looking at how to adjust/shim it and you'll probably figure it out w/o taking to body shop

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^
What he said.
Fenders don't just bolt on. They can take a while to get aligned properly

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks a lot man..

I'm just in such a pissed off mood today..

I think it's 100% going to be fixable....just hate having shitty paint and mis aligned body parts lol..

Yeah man I remember going through that same shit.
Before my Cobra I had a 95 black GT, clear carfax and everything, the car looked real good. About a week after having I start noticing something wasnt right with the front end, after inspecting it some more I relized the front bumper wasnt original and neither was the driverside fender. It drove me crazy and I kinda lost interest in the car and sold it...
It was the best move I made, I kept my eye out for a CY 98 Cobra and about three months later I found my Cobra with every original panel/bumper and paper work and couldnt have been happier.
If your really not happy your best move will be to just sell it and make sure you dont make the same mistake again with the next one..

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Well today I put on the "oem" pass. side fender that I got off a black 98 Cobra...(my old one was that fake sh*t)

Well it doesn't fit right at all....When I put the 96 Cobra hood on I have a gap about 1/4" in the back and in the front it barely closes...Not to mention it doesn't even match the door pillar molding lol..

MY car was hit once before on the passenger side....My front bumper doesn't line up, it's missing the rivets and sags, the whole front end is shot I think..

I have a friend with a '93 Teal for sale for $17k. Highly modded with a 331 stroker mounted to a TKO tranny. Both with less than 500 miles on them. Way too many suspension mods to mention. This car is road race ready if you are interested.

95StangRC

Established Member
sucks man.....but I feel your pain. My car's body work sucks!! the driver's side door is wavy and looks horrendus and if that's not bad enough 2 days ago my friend accidently tripped in my garage while helping me work on it and a metal bracket on the ground shot up and hit my passenger door leaving a ding and tearing the paint down to the metal :cuss:

Toasty

Established Member

YOu need a master bodyman and a few dollars to fix that.

A top notch bodyshop can fix that up with little problem methinks - unless your frame or front rad support is tweaked.

Mounting body panels perfectly is almost an art from my perspective. Each car has its own unique fitment issues due to be tweaked, twisted, and bumped in certain ways. A good bodyman can 'see' whats wrong and use his skills to get proper and solid panel fitment.

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
Thanks for all the input guys!!

I think I might bring it to a body shop by me and see if they can put it on the frame machine.....I think the frame might be a little bent but not to much..

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
sounds kinda like me. mine needs bumpers, pass. fender, and a real good massage. ive thought of just selling it and getting a 01, since thats what i really want. i dunno though

Users who are viewing this thread